Around the ramp at the home field, MZJ

When are the MD-88/90s done? With AA starting to rapidly retire that fleet....mostly to ROW from what I understand, although one ended up at GYR somehow.
In a few years. CEO is going to the BOD next month to get approval for replacement aircraft.

Oh there are two other airframes out! ;)

Lol, yeah...but one of those is considered a regional aircraft. The other is order starved. Didn't now that they would be considered. As their pay rates, would probably be consider less than the plane they're replacing. But good to know.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

A rare bird. 747-329 (747-300) N3439F, built in 1986. Been here since 2003 and now at the scrap side. Formerly of Sabena Airlines where it was OO-SGC.

image.jpg

N663US, a 747-451, started life in 1989 with Northwest Airlines. Transferred to Delta Air Lines in 2009, and finally retired to the scrap section here in November 2015.

image.jpg

N135DL, a 767-332 which served its whole life since 1991 with Delta Air Lines. Retired in 2009 here and now at scrap section after being parted out.

image.jpg

747-128, N129TW. Began life with Air France in 1976 as N40116 and F-BPVQ. Acquired by TWA in 1996 as N129TW and retired to here one year later in 1997.

Some geek-ery here: Original 747-100 series that went to TWA were known as 747-131 series. N129TW was only one of two TWA 747s to be painted in the new livery, as opposed to the white with two red stripes. However, 129TW only has the new livery in a partial way......no golden globe and no red/gold stripes. One cool thing this jet does have, is a full TWA interior inside of it still. Beautiful aircraft all around, and very rare to see any TWA aircraft around, much less a 747 in this livery.

photo (7).JPG

Just too sad. Can you get interior photos of the TWA 747?

I'll see if I can grab some. Saw it once a number of months back when I didn't have my phone on me when some routine mx was being done, and it looked like you were stepping into the thing as the first passenger off the jetway at the terminal.

Word is, being saved for a little while for possible preservation, if any funds can be found to. But won't be saved for long for that.

It sits in a row with other classic 100/200 series 747s from ANA and Northwest Cargo.

I’m sure you would know better than me, but the story I had always heard was the guy wants top dollar for it thinking it’s a collector piece. IIRC, it’s been sitting there for the better part of 20 years now.

It’s too bad it can’t just be donated to the Pima museum. It’d look great sitting next to TWA liveried Super Conny they already have on property.

But yeah, I would love to see what the interior looks like. Talk about a time capsule.

I’m sure you would know better than me, but the story I had always heard was the guy wants top dollar for it thinking it’s a collector piece. IIRC, it’s been sitting there for the better part of 20 years now.

It’s too bad it can’t just be donated to the Pima museum. It’d look great sitting next to TWA liveried Super Conny they already have on property.

But yeah, I would love to see what the interior looks like. Talk about a time capsule.

You're right about that regards the owner, also from what I've heard. Am anxious to get pics this time of the interior

I bet they're trying to find ramp space at MKC for it. ;)

Back