Are You A Pilot?

[ QUOTE ]
, but ill be thrilled to fly anything the AF will let me get my hands on!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not blah, blah, blah; I'm telling you what Eagles do in the real world, bub........

But, you've a good attitude wanting to fly anything first, and then take the choice if given it.
cool.gif

Skypa...where in virginia are you?

I currently have 51 hours and am about to get my PPL. I've flown a C-152, C-172 and a PA-28 Warrior.

Flown a Delta 737-400 full motion simulator in Atlanta Georgia....but I don't think that counts!
crazy.gif

DeltaASA16

I fly the right seat on a 727-100QF's for UPS. Lately, I've been flying between Seattle and Vancouver, BC. I bet I've flown no more than 50 hours this year.

I have a Cessna 152 aerobat and a Cessna 172 on floats. I'm also helping to start a small flight school in Spokane, WA.

[ QUOTE ]
Cessna 172 on floats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does your 172 have the regular engine or a higher HP one. There is an older 172 float plane in my home town with a 200 HP out front (could be a 180 HP, not totally sure). You are so lucky, it looks like so much fun!

It's a stock factory seaplane 172N with the H2AD engine. It does okay with full fuel and two adults. Have had four in it lots of times but that was giving rides to kids. The lake I lived on was about 10 miles long, so available takeoff distance wasn't a factor.

I never had wheels for the thing and have had to buy a set from a salvage yard. Hope to get it in annual and fly it off wheels in my little flight school for when the 152 breaks down or for those who won't fit in a 152.

Floats are fun but I found it sort of impractical. I could only get 85 knots out of it and fueling it at my house was a hassle. I was always worried about it sinking and the mooring situation at my house wasn't the greatest...couldn't afford hull insurance, either.

I'm keeping the floats and will probably run it off floats a couple of months each summer.

[ QUOTE ]
But, you've a good attitude wanting to fly anything first, and then take the choice if given it.
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Sure, if your drop has no Vipers in it.
grin.gif

Been training for 3 years off and on. Have my private, passed the instrument written last week and take the ride in a couple weeks. 50 hours away from commercial.
Flown:
Piper Warrior II
Piper ArrowIII
Bellanca Citabria
Cessna 172

Rode in an Enstrom Shark 2 weeks ago and man would I love to get that Roto license.

Back