Are You A Pilot?

Training at delta connection academy in florida, have my instrument private and im just a checkride away from my commercial. Ive flown the c172 and the piper arrow.

Um I don't think I could call myself a pilot yet with only about 2hrs actual flight time in a Piper Cherokee. That was with the Qantas flight introduction course, we also got to go up into Melbounre Tower (International airport in Victoria, not Florida!) Melbounre center control which handles 1/2 the enroute airspace in Australia, also got to tour Qantas maintaince facilites as well as visiting an avation college.

I guess I could list aircraft I've been a passenger on.
Cessna 152 on pipeline inspection
Cessna 172 radio station traffic reporter
Piper Saratoga
Jetstream 31
Jetstream 41
BAe 146-200
Dash 8
ATR 72
DC10
747 (almost 180hrs!)
and probably some airbuses that I can't remember.

I'll chime in.

I'm an RJ Captain at Skywest Airlines based in Salt Lake City. This month is all LAX and SFO flying, last month was all DFW flying, next month I'll be back on reserve, so who knows where I'll end up flying.

Aircraft I've flown:
CRJ 200
EMB-120
Turbine Beech 18
King Air 90 and 300
Cheyenne IIXL
Chieftain
Baron 55 and 58
Bonanza A36
Piper Cherokee, Archer, Arrow, 6
Cessna 152/172/182/206(land and sea)/207
Stinson 10A and 108 Voyager
PA-18 Super Cub and PA-12 Super Cruiser
Citabria 7GCAA
Taylorcraft F19 (on floats)

Not quite as exotic as some of the antiques mentioned above!! I don't think I left anything out. . .

Hi, I'm a DTW Based CRJ First Officer for Pinnacle Airlines.

To Date, I have flown...

CRJ-200/440
BE1900D/BE200/300/350
SA-227
CE152/172/182/206/310/500/550
PA28/32/34/23
Cirrus SR20/22
DHC-6

Probaly a few more, but I lost track....:)

--03M

[ QUOTE ]
Um I don't think I could call myself a pilot yet with only about 2hrs actual flight time in a Piper Cherokee.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the folks who got me into aviation told me when I said I wasn't a real pilot yet something that stuck in my head. He said, you were a real pilot from the second you decided that you were getting your ticket. You just don't have the seasoning that guys like me have.

Think about it. Before you even solo, you're doing slow flight, steep turns, stalls, and takeoffs and landings. How many people in the world can do those?

I thought I was a pilot.... but, have been told by *someone* on this site that I'm (and anyone else not flying for hire) not a "real pilot".
grin.gif

PPASEL/IR..working on PPMEL/IR.

Planes flown:
C150/152
C172
PA28-161 (Cherokee/Warrior)
PA38-115 (Traumahawk....er..I mean..Tomahawk
wink.gif
)
BE95 (Beech Travel Air)

[ QUOTE ]
He said, you were a real pilot from the second you decided that you were getting your ticket

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I laugh at pilot jokes
grin.gif

Also I've started thinking about not filling up the tank in my car for better economy! (well not totatly unreasonable a full tank is 21 gallons!) Also there seems to be a trend here to put blue garden light things along people's driveways, I keep thinking they are taxiways
tongue.gif

I haven't hopped in the car and reached for the mixture knob yet however
grin.gif

PPASEL/ASES 2 weeks from IR checkride, then continuing time building for Comm...

Have flown C172Ns & SPs, PA28-181, Cherokee 140, C150, J-3 (on floats), C120, BE23, PA28-201, SR22, TB20, and a Decathlon.

Sarah

Retired Military, EP qualified in T-38, C-141A/B/C models, and T-39A/B models. While at Edwards AFB flew the F-15, F-16, F-4, RF-4, A-4, T-33, A-37, C-130J, KC-135, U-6, UV-18.

Civilian, I've flew Pipers, Cessnas, various sailplanes, Falcon 100, MD-88 and FE on B727.

Currently furloughed and flying a desk.
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Turbine Beech 18

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. I didn't know they made a turbine Beech 18. Sweet. Is it on a tricycle gear or taildragger? PT6?

Anyway, I've got my PPL and am 2 weeks from my IR checkride. Not much variety in aircraft types flown - just the C152, C172, and C172SP.

I've had the chance to fool around for a few hours in various sims, including the T-37, F-16, A-6, and KC-10 (full-motion...very cool).

I may not be a pro, but I am a pilot.

I've got my Commercial SE/ME, and CFI, CFII. I'm a full-time flight instructor, and also do sightseeing rides, photo flights, and occasionally fly my boss around for his leasing company business. Most of my students until recently were private, but by the end of the month, the majority of my flying will be with instrument students (thank god).

I've got logged time in (going from memory, so I might miss a few):

Aeronca- Champ
Beech- C-23 (Sundowner), and V-35B
Cessna-150/152/172/182/182RG/T210 (<--instructing in all of these except C150))
Mooney- M20J
Piper- J-3, J-5, Pretty much all of the PA28 series, PA28R-200/201, PA24-250, PA44-180, PA31P-350.
Pitts- S2B (I WILL own a Pitts someday...yaaaahoooooo!!!
grin.gif
)
Zlin- 242L

I might be missing a few, but those are the ones I have the most time in.

[ QUOTE ]
Most of my students until recently were private, but by the end of the month, the majority of my flying will be with instrument students (thank god).

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's a stupid question... but why is that so great? Because they already know how to fly?

I'm not a huge fan of giving private instruction. It doesn't really have anything to do with them not being able to fly. Obviously I do it, but given the choice, I'd rather do IFR/COM/HP/Complex. Nothing against private students whatsoever...just my personal preference I guess.

[Strapping on flame-retardant suit...
blush.gif
]

I've only flown three types so far:

C-172R - 39 hours
PA-23 - 295 hours
7DC - 10 hours

Check my sig for my certificate/ratings ...

laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plan to fly for the USAF as i'm in AFROTC right now in college and have aspirations to fly the F15C

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe. Aspirations to fly circular holding patterns then....
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

blah blah.....haha yeah ive heard em all. I just really love the airframe. It is either that or the Viper for me if I have a choice, but ill be thrilled to fly anything the AF will let me get my hands on!
smile.gif

Back