Anyone not make it past their PEPC?

deshazo19

I'm sure this has been asked before, but has anyone gone to a PEPC and not been given a tentative offer at the end of the day? Has anyone been given the tentative offer and had it withdrawn before going to OKC? Basically, has anyone attended a PEPC and not gotten a job? If so, what was the reason?

I'm sure tons fail the medical, but as far as the actual interview, my guy couldn't give a CRAP what I was talking about

Tons fail the medical? What all did they do during the medical portion besides vision and hearing?
probably not tons in volume of applicants but of the number that don't make it past the PEPC, I'm sure the vast majority are medical.

hearing, vision, blood pressure, EKG, dip your pee for kidney problems, medical history, that's about it.

I almost didn't pass my vision test... they put down that I had 20/30 near vision in my left eye and was going to make me go for more testing... quick thinking on my part blamed the lighting in the room and asked to be tested in a dark room so that I could focus on that line a little better because of the "glare" of the overhead lighting... luckily I was able to read the bottom line on my second try and they put me down as 20/20.

I didn't realize you had to have PERFECT 20/20 vision to pass the medical. Time for me to go get a new pair of glasses!

I almost didn't pass my vision test... they put down that I had 20/30 near vision in my left eye and was going to make me go for more testing... quick thinking on my part blamed the lighting in the room and asked to be tested in a dark room so that I could focus on that line a little better because of the "glare" of the overhead lighting... luckily I was able to read the bottom line on my second try and they put me down as 20/20.

I didn't realize you had to have PERFECT 20/20 vision to pass the medical. Time for me to go get a new pair of glasses!
one of my eyes is 20/20, both eyes are 20/20, and my right eye is like 20/15. I have a BITCH of a time getting glasses that work well enough to read those lines easily. I think some of it has to do with those test machines and the lighting.

Also if your blood pressure is boarderline take some slow deep breaths and relax. I'm on meds for mine and I still had trouble getting it down.

No "turn and cough" like the pilot meds, that's a welcome difference.

also, the drug test is independant of the medical, for the medical exam they don't drug test... just dip your pee for problems. They do the drug test just to do it I guess, unless this is another differenct between an ATC and a 2nd or 1st class pilot medical.

No "turn and cough" like the pilot meds, that's a welcome difference.

The doc made me lower my drawers and boxers and stuck his hands down my boxers to my crotch and made me turn and cough... I didn't have to expose anything.... am I the only person that he did this to!?! :confused:

I'm dead serious about this...

The doc made me lower my drawers and boxers and stuck his hands down my boxers to my crotch and made me turn and cough... I didn't have to expose anything.... am I the only person that he did this to!?! :confused:

Maybe he thought you were cute... :laff:

Did he offer you a smoke after he was done? just kidding and no you aren't b/c I got the same treatment and kinda felt how you did until I read your post.... :buck:

Was this your doctor??

-->

FamilyGuyHerbert.jpg

Yes, I was subjected to this as well... :drool:

I got a bit ticklish when the lady was putting on my EKG electrodes/stickies. Just not really comfortable having someone random touching my chest.

As others have said, the hearing test was questionable since the room was NOT silent. The gentleman started my test, then walked over to someone else to start their test. Well this means I was trying to listen to tones/beeps WHILE the man is making noise walking and setting up equipment.

I also had to walk in a straight line, heel-to-toe, with my eyes closed. He checked my reflexes and many of my muscles (for example, he would hold an arm and tell me to push against it.)

Prolly did it to all of us. Luckily, I got a female doc...

Other than who got their hoohoos grabbed and why, I'm still interested in the original question-- anyone not make it past the pepc?

(I suppose they probably wouldn't hang out here anymore, but ya never know)

Back