Anyone else excited for the upcoming ballet season?

TheWife

Haha. Just had to throw that out there for us ladies who think football SUCKS! LOL. Ducking for cover now......

Hey, my wife USED to think that football sucks, but she bit the bullet and decided to sit down with me and watch a game early in our dating relationship.

She discovered that she actually LOVES it and this Thursday will be participating in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers "NFL .101" program for wives/girlfriends/etc. who want to know more about the sport.

This was HER doing. Not mine. She signed up on her own and won - on her own.

Now THAT'S love!!!!
grin.gif

Bottom line: Try it - you may like it.
wink.gif

Just my $0.02

R2F

Ha. Fat chance. I have TRIED to watch football but both me AND Corbin always fall asleep. Corbin doesn't even watch it, except for the Super Bowl. Now THAT'S love!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Haha. Just had to throw that out there for us ladies who think football SUCKS! LOL. Ducking for cover now......

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I am not a lady, But I would so much rather go to see the NY Symphony Orchestra or opening night for the NY Ballet (November 25th incase you are wondering) than sit through a nanosecond of any professional sporting event.

Eh. To each his/her own. I love the arts - the symphony, the theatre, etc.... I just happen to love certain professional sports too.

It's all good.

I'm waiting for tickets to Les Miserables to go on sale for this season so that I can take my wife. I've seen it three times myself. That, and Phantom, Rent, Hair, etc.

Good to be well-rounded.
laugh.gif

Can't be aviatoin aviation aviation ALL the time.
wink.gif

Ok, yeah, for the ladies AND guys who don't like football.
laugh.gif
Eagle I am actually surprised. I don't run into many men who who like artistic culture.
smile.gif

I have seen Les Mis R2F, in NY. But that's the only one I have seen. Maybe someday.....:) Still waiting for Corbin to take me to the local Nutcracker production at xmas time but he has failed me every year.

Well, I'm not really into ballet, but there's only about 8 months until the next drum corps season starts!!!
laugh.gif

I am definately game for a night at the ochestra - that is a great night of entertainment. I do enjoy ballet however it has to have a storyline - I went to one performance and it was snippets of a lot of stories, which was a bit much for me. I also really enjoy going to the theatre to watch a play or a musical. The last one I went to was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, with my father. It was really good, althought I think we were the older parent/child there. It was mostly little kids but it was a great show. I also highly recommend the Lion King, it was amazing.

I happily watch Football, however it does get boring. This is why cricket is the best game, if you want to wacth another show, go out, or even miss a day, you really do not miss that much and can pick it up where you left.

I used to be into football, but in the last few years - it's gotten dull.. same ol thing time in, time out... most of the football players have problems with either drugs or something bad that makes teens somehow look up to them???? and i have a few friends that do nothing but watch football constantly... can you say - no life? that's just sad!! there's so much more to life than football on TELEVISION... sad.. just sad....to go to a game is one thing.. but... to sit there unblinking in front of a tube is just bizarre to me!

but anyways - I've seen Les Miz here in phx and it was AWESOME!! I'd love to see phantom and maybe even The Producers if they ever come back this way....

I'm not into ballet, but I have seen a couple of musicals that I liked. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat was by far the best. Does the Blues Brothers count as a musical?
confused.gif

I saw it with Jason Donavon (Kylie Manogues husband from Neighbours) when he was Joseph in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - back in the 80's in London - he was so cool back then. Here is a picture:

jd_main.jpg

And now with Kylie:

dpub_jason80s.jpg

especiallyforyou2.jpg

Oh yes the 80s.

[ QUOTE ]
most of the football players have problems with either drugs or something bad that makes teens somehow look up to them???? and i have a few friends that do nothing but watch football constantly... can you say - no life? that's just sad!! there's so much more to life than football on TELEVISION... sad.. just sad....to go to a game is one thing.. but... to sit there unblinking in front of a tube is just bizarre to me!

[/ QUOTE ]
You know... it's funny to me, but I agree with a lot of what Kristie wrote here.

I played football into college, then my playing days were over (outside of flag football that is). Then I coached youth football for 6 years, so when I watch football on the television, I can separate the BS from the game. I enjoy the game from a former players perspective.

Kristie hit on something with the role model thing. There ARE a good number of athletes who take the role model thing seriously and contribute, but there is also a growing number of thugs (I refer to white, black, Hispanic and otherwise) who are making the headlines and making it bad for the kids who look up to them.

Kristie is also right that there is SO much more to life than football as is evidenced by the very topic of this thread.

And yes, some do take football WAY too seriously and waste their days in front of the tube.

However, there's nothing wrong with rooting for your home-town team or a team that you particularly like. It's fun. That's all.

If that's what somebody likes, then so beit.... right?

I can guarantee that there are a ton of folks out there who think that a night at the opera/symphony/theater is a waste of four hours that they'll never get back... but that's their thing.

Guess it all goes back to one's perspective on fun and definitely goes back to "To each his/her own."
wink.gif

R2F

[ QUOTE ]
Eagle I am actually surprised. I don't run into many men who who like artistic culture.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

no prob, I am substantially smarter than the average guy..
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Still waiting for Corbin to take me to the local Nutcracker production at xmas time but he has failed me every year.

[/ QUOTE ] So, why don't you take him? That's what I usually have to do when I really want to see something -- take the matter into my own hands and buy some tix. And you seem like a take control kinda gal...
laugh.gif

Well I could if I wanted to go that far.
smile.gif
I have just always asked for it as a xmas gift and would have to find separate money to do it with. Maybe this year I'll take it out of what I would have spent on him,
wink.gif

Back