Anyone else excited for the upcoming ballet season?

[ QUOTE ]
The Cirque del Soleil Alegria show just came to town. Those shows are amazing! Any pilot and their SO should enjoy it.

[/ QUOTE ] Oh, I agree! In fact, my hubbie generally doesn't do theater and he loved Cirque del Soleil. It was pretty funny -- him grumbling about "why do we have to go to this" on the way in, then him standing in line to buy the CD before we left because he loved it so much.

[ QUOTE ]
well.....unfortunately, I love football.
wink.gif

GO CHIEFS!

Sarah

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, the Chiefs go allright, all over the Steelers faces anyways
grin.gif
. I don't like football that much, but I am from SW Penn. Football is huge here all the way from highschool, to college, to Pro. If I had to pick a team I liked, it would be college, Pittsburgh Panthers. I like to watch their games sometimes. If I had to pick a favorite Pro player, it would be Brett Favre. What a tough player
shocked.gif
. The player I always disliked the most is Deion Sanders. Too dang cocky, and he couldn't even play with a case of turf toe. All this and Favre plays with a broken finger on his throwing hand. Deion was a whossy, cocky, showboat.

Whoa!! That's embarrasing!
blush.gif
Oh yea, THAT pro team. I forgot about them. Say's something about my level of excitement for the Blazers. Sorry Farewell, my mistake.

[ QUOTE ]
Cirque del Soleil Alegria

[/ QUOTE ]

what exactly is that anyway?

i looked and tickets are like $60 or something.. ouch
shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cirque del Soleil Alegria

[/ QUOTE ]

what exactly is that anyway?

i looked and tickets are like $60 or something.. ouch
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen the tents recently set up next to I-5 and the Marquam Bridge? It's in there and here for a month or so... they are kind of pricey but b/c it's pretty small inside there really isn't a bad seat. Hey what's another hour in a 150? It's something you gotta see. Candy for all the senses and awakens senses you didn't know you had. Almost as good as popping outta the clouds. This is the one here now http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSoleil/en/shows/touring/alegria

I think there is one in Vegas that runs continuously? I haven't seen it. I'm sure the JCers will be plenty busy w/ other activities.

We saw Cirque de Soleil's La Nuba in Orlando. INCREDIBLE show!!! Holy crap, talk about surreal!?!?!

We literally sat there for two hours or so with our mouths open. Simply amazing!!!

You know, I just might have to get into ballet.

This woman is supposedly too "fat." She is 5'7" and goes a buck ten.

Crazy!

[image]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2003/09/09/wbolsh09.jpeg[/image]

Actually, in all seriousness, I am amazed at the skills that these folks display. Their athletic abilities are just as incredible as anything you see on a football field or baseball diamond.

Tony have you ever dated a dancer or an actress? You don't want to. Maybe i am generalizing but in my experience, they have way to much emotional baggage.

Stay away from chefs also.

[ QUOTE ]
Their athletic abilities are just as incredible as anything you see on a football field or baseball diamond.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lynn Swann, the ex-Steeler wide reciever, took ballet. That is what gave him the ability to be so flexible and agile.

I have always joked around saying that if I ever sturggle to find a gf - I would start balet - the girl to straight guy ratio is probably the best around. I have a really good friend who is a ballerina - she is super cool, I got the idea from her!

Actually, I have dated both an actress and a dancer. Now, these women just did it for s**ts and giggles, and it wasn't their career, so that may not count. They did it when they were kids and fell in love with it, but they didn't want to commit to something with such low odds of success so they do it for fun.

Me, and everyone else here, on the other hand...

What do you mean? We have low odds for success? I just read in flying magazine about this huge shortage of pilots and if I send my money to XXX flight school, I will be in the right seat of a 747 real soon... That wasn't true?
grin.gif

The more I think about it, the smarter those women were.

They decided to pursue careers with high odds of success while doing what they loved on the side.

And then they were smart enough to say goodbye to me.

smirk.gif

I was actually on my way to Prima Ballerina when I had an unnecessary toe surgery that ruined it all. Oh well. You guys really would be amazed at how much work they put into it. They parctice hours and hours every day with their toes bleeding and if you whine you are out so you keep your mouth shut and you keep going. It's very competetive and you don't make any money (In fact it costs thousands) unless and until you are one of the few that make it to big time productions. A lot of them are anorexic and a lot of them have very poor self esteem. It's probably good that I had to leave cause I don't know if I was tough enough to make it that far. But the physical pain and mental dicipline you have to have is crazy. I feel really bad for that girl they were calling fat. That's terrible. But when a guy is used to lifting 100 pound girls, a 110 pound girl can really make a huge difference. Anyway, I'll stop rambling now.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I was actually on my way to Prima Ballerina when I had an unnecessary toe surgery that ruined it all.

[/ QUOTE ]
How ironic. I was well on my way to being a super stud receiver in college until those unnecessary 40 yard dashes revealed that I was slower than some of the defensive linemen on our team and ruined it all.
wink.gif

kidding.

Back