Anyone else excited for the upcoming ballet season?

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this year I'll take it out of what I would have spent on him,
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Now you're thinkin'!
smirk.gif

I do enjoy watching a bit of college football, namely U-M smash whoever we're playing (except oregon
blush.gif
) But Les Mis is coming to Detroit in December so I'm dragging John along to go see it. Luckily my parents are giving us the tickets for an xmas gift so we can get the really good seats
smile.gif

One thing that irks me about living in Columbus, OH is that no matter what I do, I cannot retreat from buckeye football. That crap follows you. I do my best to avoid it cause i don't like it. No matter what someone is guaranteed to tell you 'bout the BIg GaME! UUGGGHH Someday i want to rattle off at them about planes anime and gourmet cooking as a revenge.

[ QUOTE ]
Since we are all in the good spirit of new seasons, how about the up and coming NHL one?

GO WINGS GO!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Canadiens and their hockey, I swear parents will disown their kids if they don't like or play hockey!

And on the subject of watching sports, College Hockey hands down. Much more fun and interesting than any professional sport in my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]
Was the Joseph you saw with none other then Donny Osmond himself or with someone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

No Donny. I saw it originally at a Washington DC dinner theater with my high school class, then years later won tickets on the radio to a production by the Athens, Georgia community theatre.

I've heard that Le Mis is good and would like to see it also. I saw the movie version a couple of years ago that was non-musical.

I think that Uma was in it along with Gerard Depardieu. I thought it was pretty good, basically a historical thriller. I like comedies too, though.

Football, ballet, both involve men in tights... Only football I can handle now days is the SuperBowl, and that's only because of the commercials. Golf on the other hand, now there is something I could watch 24/7.

Can't get enough of the theatre. Had season tickets since I was 10 and this years season at the PTC is looking pretty solid.

Les Mis is always a safe bet, Phantom and Phantom of the Opera are good. We went to Chicago in London last winter which was good but wasn't really my cup of tea.

For anyone in the SLC area I suggest seeing Cyrano de Bergerac at PTC. Patrick Page is playing Cyrano and is considered one of the best, if not the best to ever portray that role.

FYI, Cyrano de Bergerac is what the movie 'Roxanne' with Steve Martin is based on. That's the movie where Martin has a big nose and tries to woo Daryl Hannah vicariously through a better looking man than himself.

All this talk of theatre is making me feel a bit too Tinker-Bell'ish. I need to go have a beer and watch some boxing before I scare my woman.

Wow, I am really so impressed! I am surprised at how many guys enjoy theater! WTG. Now golf, THAT'S a sport that will REALLY put me to sleep. LOL. [quiet, slow voice] He's on the back 9. His birdie is ready. We need quiet in the crowd. He's gonna boggie this one in for a hole in one. I believe that's the ace of woods he's putting with. Folks it's a long shot but I think he's got it. zzzzzzzzzzzzz. [/quiet slow voice] Yup, you can count on a real intense on the edge of your seat action packed eveing when golf is on! LOL. No offense.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Canadiens and their hockey, I swear parents will disown their kids if they don't like or play hockey!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah we do take hockey very seriously up here. I don't think there is another place is in the world where a sport is more loved than hockey in Canada. And yes the parents sometimes do get out of control. But the Canadian hockey association is putting out commercials to try and relieve some of the pressure parents put on their kids while playing hockey. They're motto is "relax, its just a game"
[ QUOTE ]

And on the subject of watching sports, Collge Hockey hands down. Much more fun and interesting than any professional sport in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because the fighting sioux is all you guys have up there!
wink.gif

ya know.. i have to admit - there's nothing quite like a packer vs. bears game!!!
wink.gif

even the commercials are exciting and funny.... better than superbowl usually!! generally aimed at guys which just makes it funnier (except for the wheel of fortune commercial i'm thinking)...
blush.gif

and them being back in soldier field is pretty neat too cuz i remember being in marching band and competing there (wayyyyy back when)... and remembering in the hotel how someone found a dead person (shot) in the parking lot and a buncha beer cans under one of my friends hotel room... it was pretty spooky for high school students, esp being from a tiny town that didn't even have a mcdonalds.. and being close to halloween....and the talk of the high school for weeks on end!
smirk.gif

ahhhh memories!!
grin.gif

Does slow-motion replays of NFL players in mid-flight count as ballet?

I have seen a couple of ballets and love the Portland Symphony. Have been many times. Grew up on the New York Philomonic with Leonard. Will make a few symphonies before my move to Fla. I hope. Still like football for the most part. Portland Ore. does not have ANY pro sports teams, bummer.

I'm not a big ballet person...but I love going to plays...they bring back a lot of memories of my Brother...

I'm a huge fan of going to see orchestras play and anything that has to do with jazz. I like being in big Halls and listening to classical music or some jazz...My all time favorite though is listening to classical music at the Hollywood Bowl.

And with sports...I really dont like to watch any sports on TV or attend. I only like to watch Road Racing.....grand am events and SCCA road racing on speedvision.....

But I love to play sports...Hockey and Golf in particular...

[ QUOTE ]
Thats because the fighting sioux is all you guys have up there!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that and the aviation school! The new arena for hockey is great and the games are a blast. Can't wait for this season.

The reason about my crack at canadien hockey parents, I grew up 45 minutes south of the Saskatchewan border. I used to play hockey and our temas traveled a lot to play in Canada. One thing that was great about that, great competition and easy to pick up games because every small town had a team. I did find it kind off odd that a town without any civilized things had a hockey arena. Oh, and the american dollar kicks butt up there!!

[ QUOTE ]
Portland Ore. does not have ANY pro sports teams, bummer.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Portland Jailblazers aren't worthy of professional status? Ya it's a little frustating after Rasheed gets busted with weed several times.

The Cirque del Soleil Alegria show just came to town. Those shows are amazing! Any pilot and their SO should enjoy it. The local Nutcracker is great around xmas time if you're into that sort of thing. However the ballet company has a new artistic director, should be interesting... The symphony and opera have new directors too.

I can't stand Monday night football. Reminds of WWF. I'm going to see Damien Rice tomorrow night. Super good Irish acoustic singer. Pretty mellow, check him out.

[ QUOTE ]
ya know.. i have to admit - there's nothing quite like a packer vs. bears game!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Kristie, Are you really a Packers fan?
tongue.gif
I will take that into account when reading your responses..
smirk.gif

This is coming from a Vikings fan...And before people say oh he's just a band wagon (5-0) fan. Let me state that I was a 7 yr season ticket holder (prior to this years price increase/flight training/Kids). Too many things and not enough dough (or budgeting skills
wink.gif
)

yea, i'm mostly a packer & badger fan...

and some years, it just depends on whose winning.. HA!
grin.gif

Back