Anyone else excited for college football this weekend? If so who's your team?

Re: Anyone else excited for college football this weekend? If so who\'s your team?

GO HOKIES!!! Nothing like college football to bring out a lurker. I never thought there'd be this many people from the BCB.

Re: Anyone else excited for college football this weekend? If so who\'s your team?

I couldn't believe the ducks did that to Michigan. I think that it's great that some of teams from smaller schools like NIU, Bowling Green and Toledo are getting up in the rankings. Even though they're all conference rivals, I love to see the little school come and shake up the big guys. That's where the real football games happen, not in the slaughterings (like Michigan vs. Houston).

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Hey Farewellbooth, Cougs vs. Ducks this weekend? I gotta go out on a limb and say the winner of that game is taking the Pac ten. Screw USC.
shocked.gif
Go Cougs.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Farewellbooth, Cougs vs. Ducks this weekend? I gotta go out on a limb and say the winner of that game is taking the Pac ten. Screw USC.
shocked.gif
Go Cougs.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Who do you support in the Apple Cup? I'm a duck... should be intesting this weekend.

Wazzu, I recently graduated and have definitely enjoyed the last two games vs the ducks. Two years ago the ducks won, last year the cougs, both games in Pullman and they were nail biters. I am living in Seattle now and will be going to the game in Eugene on Sat... Hopefully it will be another great game.
PS. no love for the huskies..

[ QUOTE ]
shocked.gif
Go Cougs.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, what an embarassment. I swear watching that game was more stressful than an engine failure!

How about my Cougs! I really didn't think they had that kind of a game in 'em. Glad to see it though. Who knows, with USC losing this weekend.....

I went to the Miami vs. Cincinati Game today and played there, does anyone know where I can get some good pictures of the game, I want to show my friends ???
confused.gif

LSU movin on up the polls. Now #6 in both coaches and AP polls.

Kentucky and Alabama had big wins in view this weekend but blew it! An Arkansas loss would be huge for LSU.

GEAUX TIGERS

Hey Wannabe2, Congrats on the big win, I couldn't believe that we killed OU like that. It was alot of fun though. Farewellbooth, sorry about the game, it's never fun to lose like that, and I am pretty sure no one saw that coming, since the coug/duck games are usually much better. Well I think I am smelling roses again??????????

Aw Sh*! UL-Lafayette is never gunna win. I friggin spent 10 bucks on pay-perview against North Texas and they got there a** kicked...LSU is getting really high up there, but I would not find myself suprised if they loose in against Florida next week or SC-Cocks the next week.

GO KANSAS!!!!!!!!! They beat up Mizzou! THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Colorado better watch out, they are next!

Man I really thought teh Gamecocks were gonna beat UT. I was so hoping it would happen.

Western Michigan played it's third game this year, but it was the first conference game against Ohio University. We won 39 to 32. Hopefully the rest of our season goes as well, though with NIU and Bowling Green both being in our conference we're probably in for gettin' our butts handed to us. Michigan also beat out Indiana in quite a slaughtering. I want to see the Michigan vs. Michigan State game this year with both teams being fairly evenly matched thus far.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

P.S. What the heck happened to Notre Dame?

[ QUOTE ]
Man I really thought teh Gamecocks were gonna beat UT. I was so hoping it would happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

The shame cocks can't beat UT!!! You know of course that Clemson is going to rip you guys a new one! Though I must admit that Georgia did do a number on Clemson at the opening game.

G

Well the GAMEcocks are not by number one team. I knew it was along shot against UT but thought they could pull it out.

I went to FSU. My wife went to UF. We got sick of arguing over college football so we agreed to cheer for South Carolina since they are close by. Having said that I feel for Tommy Bowdan and his tigers. They don't stand a chance!

Yeah, you are right about the Tigers. Luckily, I am no longer a student, and don't have to endure a losing season. My girlfriend is a South Carolina alumnus, so I have my fair share of crap to listen to.

We'll see how it turns out. I think that SC vs. Clemson will be a close match.

G

Do you guys do funny pranks on each other around the time of that game?

My wife painted my toe nails orange and blue while I was asleep one night. I retaliated by putting a FSU liscense plate on her car. I also held her by the face to kiss her but she didn't know I put garnet and gold sprinkles on my hands so she spent an hour at work with FSU colored sprinkles on her face.

Ahh the fun of football season!

I feel like crap after the SC/CAL game...wow...thats all I have to say.

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like crap after the SC/CAL game...wow...thats all I have to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too worried since they have a better team than last year and last year's team did what they did. I think USC got too full of themselves and regarded Cal as a pushover. They've learned their lesson.
In the meantime, SC will be back to normal against Arizona St., oh yeah, that is their only loss for the rest of the season.

Back