Anyone else excited for college football this weekend? If so who's your team?

Re: Anyone else excited for college football this weekend? If so who\'s your team?

Go Blue! I gotta join with uofmcp and support my Wolverines. I want to make it to the OSU game, but I can't afford $200+ for a ticket.

I don't think UM/CMU is the game of the week, so I won't be able to watch it in Arizona.
frown.gif

Re: Anyone else excited for college football this weekend? If so who\'s your team?

I couldn't pass this one up. The Sooners will take their eighth national championship behind college football most dominant defense (just ask Chris Simms who went into the fetal position everytime he saw OU's linebackers). It's a great time to be a Soonerfan! See Ya.

Go Ducks! University of Oregon over Mississippi St. tonight hopefully...

Well now that the game day is over, whos very happy with the outcome?!! USC over Auburn shutting them out! 23-0. First time since 98 for auburn to be shut out.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got nothing against the Duckies but for god sakes buy those guys some new uniforms!!

Go UL Lafayette! Everyone said they would get blown out by University of South Carolina but it actually was a close game (SC 14-UL 7).

[ QUOTE ]
Well now that the game day is over, whos very happy with the outcome?!! USC over Auburn shutting them out! 23-0. First time since 98 for auburn to be shut out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am quite happy
grin.gif
, but surprised they pulled that off so decisively since the core of last year's USC team were seniors. I just hope they can be up for the national championship game at the end of the season.
Nebraska won too
grin.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nebraska looked like "poopy" in that game. They didn't have one good drive all game, one of the touchdowns was a fumble return and the other was a 13 yard drive after a OSU turnover. They are in for another LONG season, I guarantee you.

USC looked great though, won't argue with that...

How about the CU-CSU game? That was a great one, I'm still drying off...

I agree with you aceflyley, the Huskers suck. They suck with the run and are even worse with the pass. The only way they will be able to improve is get rid of Solich (worst head coach ever) and get a coach in there that has a brain and won't run the ball 9 times out of 10.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got nothing against the Duckies but for god sakes buy those guys some new uniforms!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Those uniforms are actually an upgrade... I don't know what else you can do with green and yellow... Green Bay?

They won wooo hooo!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Arizona Cardinals are going to the Superbowl this year, I guarantee.

.....And now I will put down the crack pipe.
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't put it down yet, cause you never know with Emmit Smith in AZ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flycanuck as a St. Louisian that had to sit there and watch Mr. Bidwell's Deadbirds make a joke out of the game of football, MikeD is right you would be smoking crack to think that the Lombardi trophy will make it to the desert. It doesn't matter what one player they decide to bring in when the team needs to be completly revamped from ther gooy bowtie wearing owner on down.

And By the Way Watch out for the Brad Smith led Missouri Tigers as the Fighting Illini found out once again at the dome this year.

I agree with you too lruppert. Solich is horrible, he's taken one of the top 2 or 3 programs in the country and managed to turn them into a bunch of bums in just a few years. Their 7-7 record last year is misleading too because 3 of their wins were against total cream puff non-conference teams (Utah State and Troy State pay yet another visit to Lincoln this year), but hey, I'm loving it, I hope they sign Solich to a life-time contract!

[ QUOTE ]
How about the CU-CSU game? That was a great one, I'm still drying off...

[/ QUOTE ] That was a good game...I was reading about Joey Porter and how he was in that Sports Bar after the game and got shot. That really sucks...Especially when the season is only a week away.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Flycanuck as a St. Louisian that had to sit there and watch Mr. Bidwell's Deadbirds make a joke out of the game of football, MikeD is right you would be smoking crack to think that the Lombardi trophy will make it to the desert. It doesn't matter what one player they decide to bring in when the team needs to be completly revamped from ther gooy bowtie wearing owner on down.

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

SUSPilot, I was joking, sorry I didn't make that clear in my previous post. lol

One another note, where the hell are all the Fightin' Irish fans?!?!?! Correct me if I'm wrong but I only counted three??
confused.gif
There has gotta be more!!

I bleed Brown and Gold; go Bronco's (Western Michigan University).

We played State for the opener, lost 25-21. One day we're going to come back. There was a day, a few years back, when we were a top 25 team, but that's not happening these days.

I was at the Michigan vs. Central game. It was less of a football game, more of a slaughter. I hate Central and all, and love to see them get the crap kicked outta them; but they didn't deserve what they got. They're even worse than us in the MAC and probably unrankable; and they were put against the #4 team in the country.

I hope this it the comeback year for Western, or next year when I'm joining the band again.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

I gotta go with WAZZU, since I just graduated from there. We beat Idaho this weekend 25-0. But I know that isn't saying much. This week, Notre Dame; next week, Colorado. Both on the road so we should see what we are made of under our new Mike Priceless era. I will be happy with a split. Anyway thanks Bama for making us feel better about swiping our coach.

Hook 'em Horns!!!

How about those Ducks over Michigan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heck ya

Back