Any runners out there??????

Doing Couch25K again after a serious setback last summer. Running gave me a butt you could bounce a quarter off of.... I can't wait to get it back!

Doing Couch25K again after a serious setback last summer. Running gave me a butt you could bounce a quarter off of.... I can't wait to get it back!

Yoga has been doing that for my fiance. I've always been more of a legs and breast man, but...I like her butt and I cannot lie, all other brother's can't deny. When she walks in with her itty-bitty waist and that round thing in my face, I get sprung. Ya know, just FYI.

I do about 25-35 a week. Tomorrow is my last real long runner before taper for the Austin marathon. I'm slow as hell, but can go for a long time.

I do about 25-35 a week. Tomorrow is my last real long runner before taper for the Austin marathon. I'm slow as hell, but can go for a long time.

Me too! Fartleks has improved my speed somewhat. Give it a shot!

Me too! Fartleks has improved my speed somewhat. Give it a shot!

I definitely need to do speed work. Terrible being passed by people using walkers, though, most of me is fine being slow. As beat up as I am, I'm content just finishing, I'm not delusional enough to think I'll ever lead my age group.

Have finished several 10k's and 5k's. Not a speed champion, usually is frustrating when you get passed by the walkers of the event..............:oops:

Tomorrow I'm going to run a 5k, wish me luck.............

Speed work works wonders. I ran 30-40 miles a week for years and my 5k stuck around 20 minutes. Last year, I did two 24 week programs filled with Thresholds (a lot like Fartleks), Intervals and Repetitions. There are a ton of programs out there. I use programs designed by Dr Jack Daniels. He takes a scientific look at getting the biggest gains with the least work and avoiding injuries in the process. He cuts out the pointless extra running that you don't need. My HS cross country coach always mentioned him and we'd laugh but all laughing aside, he's real. I ran a 17:45 5k last week. That's 25 seconds from my personal best 20 years ago.

If you're looking for guidance, even at 30 miles a week, he has a program for that.

I've probably passed this bit of advice on before, but my father taught me to start a long run from the very back of the pack. I did this with him a couple of times in the local 25K (15.2 miles) with literally thousands of runners participating. It does not matter how slow a runner you are, you will spend the entire event passing people and almost no one will pass you. Nice psychological boost for longer distance running.

I've probably passed this bit of advice on before, but my father taught me to start a long run from the very back of the pack. I did this with him a couple of times in the local 25K (15.2 miles) with literally thousands of runners participating. It does not matter how slow a runner you are, you will spend the entire event passing people and almost no one will pass you. Nice psychological boost for longer distance running.

That first guy you pass, at the very back, that's me. But I finish eventually.

Ain't no shame in that. Health is important. I wasn't healthy a year ago, even though I was working out.

Ran again the 5k course on my own and did it in 30:30 minutes, go figure almost a 1:30 difference from the day before............o_O

I run when its too crappy out to bike, unfortunately I can't do either until my collarbone heals. Running is something I hate to do though. Almost have to have music or its not happening.

Finished a 23 mile run yesterday, been training for a 30mi run in Snohomish, WA this weekend. I'm getting pretty used to eating a pre-dinner before going over to friends houses to eat dinner.

Back