Any new AirNet news?

EatSleepFly

Anyone know someone who's been picked up by AirNet recently (like within the last 2 months)? I'm updating my application monthly, but getting no bites. I don't quite have my 135 mins. (short only on the total time, I've got the rest), but I have over the competitive flight time requirements for the preferred interview agreement through ERAU.

Which brings me to my next question: Does anybody know someone who was hired through the PIA? I emailed Craig W. about it, and he responded that I should keep updating my application because the program was currently being "revamped" and to stay tuned for more details. That was a couple months ago, and I haven't heard anything.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated. I want to be a freight dawg in the worst way (I know, I'm a sucker for punishment, but I think it would fit my personality perfectly). Its one of my New Years resolutions that I would love to actually accomplish!
smile.gif

From a flightinfo member.

[ QUOTE ]
I was just recently hired by Airnet. I went to the interview with 1250 TT, 245 Multi, 150 Instrument, 50 Actual, and all the other 135 mins of course. You are not given a base prior to showing up for training because I start training VERY soon and I have not been given a base yet. Ill keep everyone posted on what the base situation is.

[/ QUOTE ]

From another member.

[ QUOTE ]
IFR 135 mins for hiring, Competitive is College Degree, 100 hours or more of multi, MEI and the amount of flying you've done in the past 30/60/90 days

[/ QUOTE ]

Not airnet, but....

Ameristar Jet Charter is looking for Falcon and Learjet Captains and FO's to be based in YIP and ELP. To be considered for a First Officer position you need to have at least 1500TT and 500ME, no exceptions. Freight experience such as check hauling or on demand freight is a big plus. Must be willing to relocate, fly irregular hours, be on the road for up to 10 days and load freight.
If you are interested in this type of flying please send your resume to 972-248-9505 asap. Class will start end of February or first week of March.

A warning, I've heard that job at YIP BLOWS! Not that you even have the time, Marshall, but I would think twice before you take a job with that company. If you need the hours hardcore, run with it; but if you have other options then I would look into them.

Just what I've heard. I could be talking out my butt.

I heard the work rules suck, 20 minute call time, the planes are falling apart and they don't take care of them.

Again, could be talking outta my butt.

Yeah, thanks for the heads-up John. I don't know anything about them. The way things are going, its going to be awhile before I hit 500 multi anyways. The freight hauling companies that I'd like to get on with would be AirNet, MountainAir Cargo, or Superior (out of Lansing). I'm sure there's other good ones out there that I will certainly research, but these three seem to be decent ones.

[ QUOTE ]
A warning, I've heard that job at YIP BLOWS! Not that you even have the time, Marshall, but I would think twice before you take a job with that company. If you need the hours hardcore, run with it; but if you have other options then I would look into them.

Just what I've heard. I could be talking out my butt.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wouldn't happen to be thinking of Grand Aire would you? Or do they both suck? How about RamAir, ESF?

[ QUOTE ]
How about RamAir, ESF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, if he goes to Ram Air, I may be working with him there.....
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How about RamAir, ESF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, if he goes to Ram Air, I may be working with him there.....
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And I may be your co-pilot one day
laugh.gif
Or vice versa
smirk.gif
j/k Let me be the first to congradulate you on your 1000 post.

At this point I'd probably go to anyone who called. Beggars can't be choosers, right?
smile.gif

Thanks C-kid...I will check into Ram Air.

So Mtsu, you have an "in" at Ram Air?

ESF,

Met a CFI in Marshall, MI who used to fly for Superior. He said it was a great job, but he was sick of never being home. That's a great gig if you can swing the lifestyle, though. Flying Caravan's in the dark in Michigan would be a great learning experience.

MTSU, if you come up to Michigan for a job or an interview you let me know and I'm going to buy you a beer.

[ QUOTE ]
I heard the work rules suck, 20 minute call time, the planes are falling apart and they don't take care of them.

Again, could be talking outta my butt.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be thinking of another company. Of course, no company in the on-demand 135 world is like working for United, but you will get your turbine pic time faster then anywhere else.

You might be thinking of USAjet, they have 20 minute callout.

He was clarifying about Ameristar Jet Charter out of YIP (Ypsilanti, Michigan).
Do you have an info on them?

Along these lines, has anyone heard about the Check 21 Act and its predicted impact on Airnet?

Blue Skies!
J.

[ QUOTE ]
Along these lines, has anyone heard about the Check 21 Act and its predicted impact on Airnet?

Blue Skies!
J.

[/ QUOTE ]

They said it'll affect it, but not for a while, just because the technology is coming out doesn't mean the banks will get it straight away, it's like saying analog or steam gauges are done for because Garmin is making the G1000 and Avidyne is doing their thing. Atleast that's my understanding of it from the check runners at other sites.

[ QUOTE ]
Let me be the first to congradulate you on your 1000 post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you much!! I didn't even see it coming!!
ooo.gif

[ QUOTE ]

So Mtsu, you have an "in" at Ram Air?

I know a guy that flew there a while back...in all honesty, I don't even know if he's there anymore. It's a great company, and I used to talk to alot of the pilots there when I lived in NC. They'd push into KISO all the time on their super "gotta-get-right-back-outta-here" turns. If I get the chance, I'd fly for them in a hearbeat!!

[ QUOTE ]

MTSU, if you come up to Michigan for a job or an interview you let me know and I'm going to buy you a beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you let me but you the second one!!
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, see above, and I wouldn't say they are out of YIP, that is one of the bases but the company HQ is at ADS.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, see above, and I wouldn't say they are out of YIP, that is one of the bases but the company HQ is at ADS.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this the info?:
[ QUOTE ]
You must be thinking of another company. Of course, no company in the on-demand 135 world is like working for United, but you will get your turbine pic time faster then anywhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you elaborate? They have a good reputation? Got any scoop about them?
thanks.

My instructor has been with AirNet since September. He was hired with just over 1200TT and about 150+ ME.

He likes the company.

BUT - they no longer hire for the "SIC" timebuilding positions like they used to. You absolutely must have Part 135 minimums to be interviewed.

[ QUOTE ]
BUT - they no longer hire for the "SIC" timebuilding positions like they used to. You absolutely must have Part 135 minimums to be interviewed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks R2F- thats pretty much the answer I was expecting. Oh well...back to instructing and cruising around in the Bonanza for a few more months then.

Back