Any new AirNet news?

I aim to please.
wink.gif

Good luck!!

[ QUOTE ]
My instructor has been with AirNet since September. He was hired with just over 1200TT and about 150+ ME.

He likes the company.

BUT - they no longer hire for the "SIC" timebuilding positions like they used to. You absolutely must have Part 135 minimums to be interviewed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont believe that is entirely true...i know the guy that works with Craig except switched over to managing the charter operation...and as of the conversation i had with him last week they still hire 800 hour pilots and will stick you into a class in CMH to build time....I type this as an Airnet caravan with 2 pilots does a soft field T/O

so i wouldnt give up hope.

I work line at an airport 25 miles east of CMH and frequently see dual operations in all of the "Starcheck Poppers."

any other questions feel free to ask

-Falcon

[ QUOTE ]
...and as of the conversation i had with him last week they still hire 800 hour pilots and will stick you into a class in CMH to build time....

[/ QUOTE ]

That could be the "preferred interview" I was referring to. According to my sources, its either going now, or will be again soon. I could be wrong though.

[ QUOTE ]
...and as of the conversation i had with him last week they still hire 800 hour pilots and will stick you into a class in CMH to build time

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with ESF. The 800 hr. pilots generally fall into this category (from the AirNet web site):

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">Preferred Interview Agreement Flight Time Guidelines
<font color="red">(Pan Am, Wrightway, ERAU, Ohio University) </font>

500 hours total time to apply / interview

800 hours total time to attend training

25 hours multi engine

10 hours multi engine – last 90 days

10 hours instrument – last 90 days

</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell - I'd LOVE to hitch on with them at 800 TT, but the chances of that are slim to none as I don't attend any of those aforementioned programs.

MAYBE if my instructor stays on and walks my resume in - MAYBE. But, I'm not holding my breath.

Does a degree from Riddle automatically get you into that category, or do you have to go through some program while you're there?

Thats what I've been trying to find out. My question was, since I'm still technically an ERAU student, and will soon have an ERAU degree, does that qualify me the same as a student who went to one of the residential campuses?

I'll let you know what, if anything, I find out.

[ QUOTE ]

and as of the conversation i had with him last week they still hire 800 hour pilots and will stick you into a class in CMH to build time....I type this as an Airnet caravan with 2 pilots does a soft field T/O

so i wouldnt give up hope.

I work line at an airport 25 miles east of CMH and frequently see dual operations in all of the "Starcheck Poppers."

any other questions feel free to ask

-Falcon

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't heard of anyone getting an interview with less than 1150 total time just shy of the 1200 required. If you are seeing flights with 2 pilots in anything but a Lear they are most likely training flights. With all the pilots available who meet 135 mins right now it doesnt pay to pay someone to sit right seat and log time.
It is a great company to work for though...fly over 100 hours a month. Gotta love shooting 7 approaches down to nothing some nights with anything from mice to HIV to whiskey on board. Things are changing with the Check 21 act this year but no doubt AirNet will live on.

Thanks for the update...I'm keeping my app updated every month "just in case". Right now, 520 TT with another 9 months left in the military...so I should be right around the TT required (work 2 CFI jobs part-time). I would love to be able to say I am in the Freight Dawg community next, but keeping all options open.
grin.gif

Yeah, ESF and I are in the same boat here. We're both getting Riddle degrees, but through Distance Learning. I'm just afraid you have to play Mega Money and go to a residential campus.
crazy.gif

Hiring at Airnet is hot. I was called for an interview yesterday, as well as four other CFIs I work with. We are all interviewing within the next week. Total times range from 1160 to 1400 among those of us called. Crazy!

Does this mean I might be A) looking for a new instructor and B) have a better shot at getting on as a CFI when I'm done?
smile.gif

My former instructor who works for AirNet told me yesterday (Sunday, 15 February) that AirNet is actually experiencing a pilot shortage because eighteen of their pilots either moved on to the regionals, other flying gigs or just quit outright.

Keep in mind, that some AirNet pilots will make LESS money flying for AirNet than they did instructing.

Something to think about.

Maybe less money, but there is some upgrade potential in the company and if you leave the company then you're leaving with some serious multi time.

How can it be less money when minimum first year PIC piston pay is $1889 per month? I'm lucky if I make half that instructing every month.

That's an average salary. The way I understand it (and I may be WAY off) is that at AirNet, you are paid an hourly rate for your flight time, and another rate for your ground time....or you get a base salary that's contingent on your flying time, plus overtime if you get any.

If you - for instance - get a route where you only fly four hours a night (AirNet has a couple) with four hours on the ground in between runs... you're making squat.

Some AirNet pilots who were hired in my former instructors class are making some GREAT bank for first year pilots. Others, like him - are barely getting by. He actually thought about leaving and going back into the Telecom biz... that's how bad it was.

He's about to bid out to a busier run though.

At the FBO where he instructed, it was VERY busy, plus he flew with private owners on the side. He was doing pretty well comparatively.

The least you will make is around $24,000 your first year. I have worked for AirNet for less than a year and have flown 2 runs. One was about 30K per year and the one I fly now is close to 36K. I have heard of some prop floater pilots making close to 60K working their butts off....but that will change now with the change in floater pay. I took a good pay raise to come here from flight instructing....and will take a pretty good pay cut if I ever decide to leave for the regionals.

Starcheck:

What's the outlook over there for the next couple of years? They're pretty vague on the site, though I do know they're hiring.

Back