Any new AirNet news?

Doesn't look like their site has been updated on the career side since mid-2003. My instructor has an interview there today, so I guess I really need to get the instrument rating knocked out quickly.
smile.gif
He said he's going to try to do some digging on the SIC program for me while he's up there.

Starcheck: Thanks for the info! Admittedly, I don't have all the facts as I don't work there. The information I posted regarding what my former instructor is going through is what he has been telling me... so, he may have embellished or I may have misunderstood.

Thanks again!! Good to have someone from AirNet chime in.

What equipment are you flying? Baron? Chieftain? 310? Caravan?

starcheck-
The last time I applied on line, they sent me a polite note that I needed ME rating or MEI rating.

In light of recent activity, do you think that has changed?

Thanks for your opinion.

I've been with Airnet for over 2 years and love it..
As far as hiring : they are due to the shortage of pilots and new runs
(Some that left with ONE hour notice.....it sure shows some professionalism.......)
I'm going in the lear next month and captain upgrade time should not be long considering that airlines are hiring and Airnet is to become even bigger.
(Keep in mind Jetride, the PAX charter side of Airnet is buying jets and is going to be hiring !).
As far as pay goes : The web site shows the MINIMUM insured pay...
You will most likely make more. (Overtime...)

I have an interview next week with Airnet. Do any of you current employees know how Check 21 will affect Airnet, if at all? Has there been any word from Airnet's management regarding this bill that takes effect later this year?

CIME,

Good luck on the interview. Just out of curiosity, what are your hours and how long ago did you apply? I am looking at the beginning of Oct, but am already putting in apps.

Thanks for any info. BTW,I posted a Wall Street Journal article a while back on Check 21, in case you didn't see it. Just do a search for it.

Maybe one of these days we'll be flying the line together.

Starcheck, and others...why did those other pilots walk out? Is it management or they're just too good now that they had other jobs? Just curious as to what happened.

Thanks in advance.
txpilot

As far as I know people are leaving for new jobs since the regionals and other operators started hiring again.... or maybe they just missed seeing daylight. Last I heard from pilot recruitment was they plan on hiring around 100 pilots this year.
cool.gif

TXPilot,

I have 1215 TT and about 240 ME. I have had an application in with Airnet for about 3-4 months. I put my first one in when I broke 1000TT and updated it monthly thereafter. When I put in my last update with 1210TT, they called me two days later for an interview. Good luck with your search and time building.

Alright people, here it goes :
Airnet is going to be hiring at least 100 pilots this year.
135 mins and your in.
No word yet on the SIC program....I hope they will, it's gonna help us.
Upgrade time is getting shorter by the day.
I got a lear class for next week (after 30 months.....) but a buddy of mine that's been there only 20 months is getting his too.
With upcoming pic's upgrade, it's going to free up even more jet slots.
Keep in mind also that Jetride (Airnet's PAX carrying company) is growing exponentially (several new jets to be bought this year)
All of you interested, keep updating your resumes!

Think they'll take a guy with with just over 250, his CMEL and CSEL??
wink.gif
grin.gif

Kidding. That's great news though!

Well then... for poops and giggles, as soon as I finish my Comm. checkrides at the end of this month, I'll do an on-line app.

My former instructor loves AirNet. He's hoping to bid into a bigger/better base here pretty soon. I'll tell him that I'm going to be sending my resume.

What's the typcial flying schedule? How many days a week? Sunday night thru Thursday night or somehting like that?

Does everyone live at their base?
I see that they pay relocation; any idea what or how much they pay for that?

Thanks!

My CFI starts there the end of this month, and he can't wait. My flight school will be losing a LOT of instructors this month to Airnet, so anyone looking for a CFI job in Orlando could give it a shot. They're normally picky about who they hire (in the last 6 months only one or two instructors hired did NOT get there CFI there), but it couldn't hurt to try. I'm still wavering b/w doing the MAPD thing or instructing until 135 mins and going to Airnet.

[ QUOTE ]
What's the typcial flying schedule? How many days a week? Sunday night thru Thursday night or somehting like that?

Does everyone live at their base?
I see that they pay relocation; any idea what or how much they pay for that?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll take a stab at this:

Typical flying schedule is Monday through Thursday.

Everyone lives at their base.

AirNet pays for one piston-twin relocation and one jet relocation.

For pay rates and any other information, go Here

Good luck!
R2F

Back