Another reason to love SWA!

I guess they can stay in business because SWA keeps booting them off. How would you like to be the one to sit next to that beast? :panic::crazy: So did they ever make it to Seattle? I didn't catch that part and don't want to watch it again.

Does she have to buy two seats? Not trying to be rude, but I know as a skinny guy the seats in coach were not all that roomy. There is no way they are getting 3 people in a row if she is one of them. How does that work?

I guess they can stay in business because SWA keeps booting them off. How would you like to be the one to sit next to that beast? :panic::crazy: So did they ever make it to Seattle? I didn't catch that part and don't want to watch it again.

The interview was done in Seattle so I guess they got there somehow.

Favorite line...
"They left us here stranded ... with no money"

Does she have to buy two seats? Not trying to be rude, but I know as a skinny guy the seats in coach were not all that roomy. There is no way they are getting 3 people in a row if she is one of them. How does that work?

The airline makes that decision. I believe for most she would have to purchase two tickets.

I tried to think of a way to word this to not make it sound so mean, but I can't come up with anything so it's going to sound REALLY mean.

1. Anyone else think there's a lot of inbreeding going on in that family? Totally being serious. Autism and CP in the same family....not sure what the odds are. One of my in-laws has CP, so yes I know how it happens...I just have to wonder.

2. If you have fewer teeth than your unborn fetus, there's something wrong.

3. "Bobby" Tucker. Talks like a man, looks like a man........Grandmother?

4. Whether the kid is Autistic (& CP) or not doesn't matter. They were a safety issue to those around them. Why do people think that no one else on the plane matters...at all?

5. Why is it always the Mac-Truck women with the normal sized men? Sure, big girls need love too but there's a limit!!!

6. "Our tax dollars at work" comes to mind.

7. Southwest - Good job! "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one." as Mr. Spock once said.

-mini

Maybe I'm just a jerk, but I have no pity for these people. They can't control their kids and the parents get to realize there are consequences for this. I can only imagine what the other passengers were putting up with on that flight.

I'm not sure if I'm more disgusted or amused! Good on SouthWest for having the balls to remove unruly pax.

If the parents admit the kids were a little out of control, that means they were basically "Monkeys on an airplane." I think I just came up with a great idea for a movie!

I tried to think of a way to word this to not make it sound so mean, but I can't come up with anything so it's going to sound REALLY mean.

1. Anyone else think there's a lot of inbreeding going on in that family? Totally being serious. Autism and CP in the same family....not sure what the odds are. One of my in-laws has CP, so yes I know how it happens...I just have to wonder.

2. If you have fewer teeth than your unborn fetus, there's something wrong.

3. "Bobby" Tucker. Talks like a man, looks like a man........Grandmother?

4. Whether the kid is Autistic (& CP) or not doesn't matter. They were a safety issue to those around them. Why do people think that no one else on the plane matters...at all?

5. Why is it always the Mac-Truck women with the normal sized men? Sure, big girls need love too but there's a limit!!!

6. "Our tax dollars at work" comes to mind.

7. Southwest - Good job! "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one." as Mr. Spock once said.

-mini

The exact thing did run through my mind. But hey, who are we to judge. After all, were just robots that do what were told.

PO'd Mother: "I'm never flying Southwest again, until the next time when they're the cheapest!"

By the way, note to the family, Airline was cancelled a couple of years ago. You won't get your full 15 minutes of fame.

if the caption at the end hadn't said "grandmother" i would have guessed this ladies husband.....

As a parent, I stand fully with SWA on this.

If someone (anyone!) is unable to sit still and follow instructions they shouldn't be on a plane. I don't mean to be insensitive, but the rules regarding seat belts & following directions are directly related to safety of flight. The safety of flight for all passengers.

Air travel is not a right, and there are stipulations regarding the service.

Amen! I can't tell you how many times this happens to me. Parents won't/can't control their children and tell me they'll buckle them up right before we take off. ummm, no, that's not how it works. They need to be buckled at the gate. I wish I had a dollar for everytime a parent said, "but they can't sit still!" :rolleyes:
Had some beauties yesterday. The young son unbuckled right after landing, I yelled for him to sit back down and buckle up. The mom, who was across the aisle from him with another toddler AND an lap child, unbuckles HER belt, puts her backpack on so now her body is pretty close to the seat in front of her WITH THE INFANT IN HER LAP! I repeatedly had to tell her to buckle up. Oh, it gets better...when the seat belt sign was finally off, the young boy nearly bowls me over to get out of the plane. Never mind that the jetbridge and the other attachment used for the Q is no where near attached! I had to tell him to sit down in the front seat and not move. The mom calmly explained to me that they had a plane to catch in 10 minutes. I explained that it didn't matter, what mattered at that moment was the safety of her and her children. Gate agent couldn't believe it when I told him and guess what? They missed their flight anyway. :banghead:

Back