Another crazy (Sun 'n fun) idea

av8sean

Another crazy (Sun \'n fun) idea

Ironically the day Ed posted about flying to NC, I got to thinking about flying to Florida in April for Sun 'n Fun. Chances of additional spring break related festivities would be likely..
wink.gif

If I go, I'd fly from CRQ (San Diego), probably in a rental Mooney. I'd take the Mooney 201 for the speed. I have a place to stay in Austin Texas, and I think I could make it each way in two days with other pilots.

This whole idea is about 95% fantasy, but if anyone from Socal is interested in talking, shoot. (sean@seanhowell.net). I may or may not be instrument rated by then.

I figure the total costs would be:

Mooney @ $99/h X 35 hours
+ Food
+ Florida accommodations...

-Sean

Re: Another crazy (Sun \'n fun) idea

[ QUOTE ]
I can't rent a DAMN 152 for $99/hour.... DAMN YOU!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lord man!

What do you pay for a 152??

$99 for 152's???? That's nuts. Hell, $59 for a 152 is high. If I couldn't get the Mooney, I could always take the Diamond Star ($95) or the C177RG ($90).
wink.gif

What does the Diamond Star cruise at out of curiosity?

DA-40
147 kts/6500 ft/9gph (75%)
120 kts/10000 ft/7gph (50%)

DA-42 Twin Star
168/10000 ft/8 gpm--total! (60%)
203/12500/14 gpm--Wow! (95%)

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't rent a DAMN 152 for $99/hour.... DAMN YOU!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good lord man!

What do you pay for a 152??

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, more than 99 an hour for a 152? Sounds like Spartan set the pricing for wherever you're flying.
smirk.gif

geez, 100 bucks is a little over 2 hours in a 152, and damn near 2 hours in a 172 for flyitup and myself.
smirk.gif

Iwareboy,are you a student at Pinnacle? If not your're gonna pay $105 for the Mooney. Diamondstar is $95. If you put $100 on account you can get student rate. It shave 5-10 bucks off depending what a/c you rent.

[ QUOTE ]
geez, 100 bucks is a little over 2 hours in a 152, and damn near 2 hours in a 172 for flyitup and myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding...

I guess comparatively speaking, our rates are pretty good...

Iwareboy - IF you do make the trip to Sun-n-fun - drop me a line. I live about 20 minutes from LAL (the airport where Sun-N-Fun is).

R2F

CIME SP, have you called Citrus Aviation at New Hibiscus? I have not been there in over a year, but they used to rent 150's for $50hr, and they were in good shape.

Sun Aviation at VRB will rent a 152 for $50 or a nice GPS-equipped Warrior for $95.

sorry for the confusion. I was referring to "home" meaning NY where the local FBO charges about $85 plus tax, etc...

I"m also pondering going with another CFI at my school. hmmmm? I would probably be taking a twin and would take my time to get there.

[ QUOTE ]
I live about 20 minutes from LAL

[/ QUOTE ]

That restaurant in the terminal at LAL has some of the best hamburgers.... yum.....
grin.gif

Hah...I can remember renting a 152 for 35 an hour....WET! Granted this was back in 1998....

[ QUOTE ]
Hah...I can remember renting a 152 for 35 an hour....WET! Granted this was back in 1998....

[/ QUOTE ]

yup....those were the days......
smirk.gif

Back