Omnibus Sun 'n Fun Thread

drunkenbeagle

Gang Member
Thought we could consolidate it in one place, since it has been mentioned in a few other places.

Just got back from my first fly-in/fly out from Sun 'n Fun. If I didn't run in to you there - my apologies. Bumped into a lot of people, and still missed a bunch of people that were looking for/texting me.

Flying in was far easier than I thought, but then again, I was departing from KTPA, and they were kind enough to vector me all the way to the 42-page-long visual approach procedure. Again, pretty easy, join the traffic, and follow the instructions. If you come in just before the field is closing, there ain't much traffic ;)

The one hour departure window was pretty crazy. I certainly have never seen a line of aircraft so long. And I've certainly never seen such frequent parallel departures. And I've been at KATL after afternoon thunderstorms have closed the field for a few hours and the line is 80 deep. I did have the benefit of talking to a local SouthernJets FO who was jumpseating back last night, she was kind enough to give me some tips on getting in and out of there. (Didn't get your name, but thank you, very nice lady with the Mooney at Peter 'O!!!)

Tampa Approach was awesome, they certainly had their A-Game on. (Not blatantly kissing butt here, but Tampa is usually pretty nice with GA traffic, much more so than other Bravo's. Thanks guys!)

I know a bunch of the JC crowd will be out there tomorrow, wish I could go back. Have a great time and be safe,

-beagle

I made it about 5:30 tonight. I'll be back in the morning if you will be there. The night show was great. I have never been to a night airshow.

Back