An "open house" at Jet University? YAY!

THANK YOU guys so much for saving me from these places! I was literally filling out a loan application from PNG so that I could attend DCA until I stumbled upon JC. Now the loan application is in the shredder and these tool bag admission officers are calling me twice a week to ask when I'm coming to the dealership I mean flight school. God what was I thinking.

Good to know some Good is being done. Glad to crush your unrealistic dreams. That's our specialty. PS. Nice avatar.

Re: An "open house" at JetU? YAY!

You through ANC anytime this weekend?

Nah, I'm off this weekend. I'm scheduled through ANC next week but I'm not sure if we'll skip it for a bit longer. We've been running through YVR instead after the Redoubt mess.

Talking about JetU… I heard they are going out of business…. Can anyone tell me if this is the truth? (heard it from a very good source....)

just jumpseat down for the day, act like you've never seen a plane before and are super dooper interested in a pilot mill program for a job scene that will be littered with overqualified applicants for the next 10 years.

9 of us do that, and plug up the marketing people all day, then stop short of signing at 1700l, then we've saved countless people by sacrificing the day.

oh my gawd! Doug mother ing taylor is in the house! Doug ing taylor!!!!

Have you been drinking already, Do? :)

Substitute "van" for "house" and you'll see what late night wedding night was like with Seggy at the Short Train wedding!

Talking about JetU… I heard they are going out of business…. Can anyone tell me if this is the truth? (heard it from a very good source....)

Honestly, I can't see how they can stay IN business while sleeping at night with the current state of the industry. The "Zero hours to RJ FO in 3-6 months" schtick is LOOONG gone, yet they seem to still be pedaling it. I'd really like to know which airlines are supported at this open house and how they're being represented. Unless it's Go Jet, I don't really see any hiring prospects. Certainly not with as many experienced and qualified FOs already on the street.

I heard from a good source that JetU is closing its doors... That's it!
Honestly, I can't see how they can stay IN business while sleeping at night with the current state of the industry. The "Zero hours to RJ FO in 3-6 months" schtick is LOOONG gone, yet they seem to still be pedaling it. I'd really like to know which airlines are supported at this open house and how they're being represented. Unless it's Go Jet, I don't really see any hiring prospects. Certainly not with as many experienced and qualified FOs already on the street.

I wonder if this was a last ditch effort to get some "funds" in before shutting doors a la ATA and Tab Express. Things that make you go hmmmmm....

I called and spoke with some kind of JetU owner figure a year and a half ago after being stuck in an FBO with nothing but various flying mags to read...I had an issue with the phrase "guaranteed job." After going in circles for 5 minutes the guy hung up on me. That was fun

So one time, when I was in college, I picked a fight with a Gulfstream Academy guy.

There was a job fair going on circa 2003 in Kalamazoo, and low and behold, nobody's hiring. In fact I'm sure at that point there were zillions of guys on the street. But not at Gulfstream! Oh no they rolled up to this job fair with their big picture of a Beech 1900 and talked about how THEIR pilots were getting jobs...after dropping $25,000, but don't worry, you've gotta get EXPERIENCE!

So, we all know I'm kind of direct, that much is obvious. If you've met me, you know I'm probably even more in your face than you could possibly imagine. So what do I do? First I tell the guy his program is a scam, but then I decide to really try to get the guy to take a swing at me. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: "So bro, I've got to get back to my job. You know, it's a job, I GET PAID TO DO IT, instead of what you're sellin' here. But I've got one question for you; wasn't your CEO an Eastern scab?"

Recruiter: "Well, I'm not sure if I'd say that he..."

Me: "It's a really simple question, did he cross the line at Eastern?"

Recruiter: "That's not really the point of us being here today..."

Me: "So did he or didn't he"

At this point, the guy blew up and, I quote, "You're God damned right he crossed that line! That strike was , and he was the first guy across and you know what? I'd do the same thing. Unions are all a bunch of horse !!!"

I thanked him and walked off, after managing to get him to blow up in front of a bunch of potential employee's...erm...customers.

Have you been drinking already, Do? :)

Substitute "van" for "house" and you'll see what late night wedding night was like with Seggy at the Short Train wedding!

Just FYI, I still have family members asking me who Doug Taylor is, and why exactly he was in the van!

No way maing, I'm lightweight and can run fast! Not only that I flew A JJJJJJEEEEETTTTTT! Their lumbering 1900 can't catch up to me!

So one time, when I was in college, I picked a fight with a Gulfstream Academy guy.

There was a job fair going on circa 2003 in Kalamazoo, and low and behold, nobody's hiring. In fact I'm sure at that point there were zillions of guys on the street. But not at Gulfstream! Oh no they rolled up to this job fair with their big picture of a Beech 1900 and talked about how THEIR pilots were getting jobs...after dropping $25,000, but don't worry, you've gotta get EXPERIENCE!

So, we all know I'm kind of direct, that much is obvious. If you've met me, you know I'm probably even more in your face than you could possibly imagine. So what do I do? First I tell the guy his program is a scam, but then I decide to really try to get the guy to take a swing at me. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: "So bro, I've got to get back to my job. You know, it's a job, I GET PAID TO DO IT, instead of what you're sellin' here. But I've got one question for you; wasn't your CEO an Eastern scab?"

Recruiter: "Well, I'm not sure if I'd say that he..."

Me: "It's a really simple question, did he cross the line at Eastern?"

Recruiter: "That's not really the point of us being here today..."

Me: "So did he or didn't he"

At this point, the guy blew up and, I quote, "You're God damned right he crossed that line! That strike was , and he was the first guy across and you know what? I'd do the same thing. Unions are all a bunch of horse !!!"

I thanked him and walked off, after managing to get him to blow up in front of a bunch of potential employee's...erm...customers.

I nominate this for D-Bag post of the year. Reminds me of Poochie the Dog on the Simpsons.

Poochie.jpeg

And this is the Gulfstream guy:

img_fewgoodmen.jpg

Back