An "open house" at Jet University? YAY!

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Anyone want to volunteer to go down and scream, with a megaphone, "Spend five minutes on Google already, open your eyes!" at the open house? :)

Jet University Presents a 'Learn To Fly' Open House
Monday April 13, 2009, 2:28 pm EDT
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., April 13 /PRNewswire/ -- Jet University today announced a Learn to Fly event, a free open house at its Ft. Lauderdale Executive Airport campus on Saturday, April 18th and Sunday, April 19th, 2009.

Jet University invites local pilots, prospective career pilots and anyone who has ever dreamed of becoming a pilot, to spend the day and learn more about flying in the 21st century from Jet University's team of professional instructors and career airline pilots. Jet University opens its flight line for a hands-on experience in its modern fleet of technologically advanced Diamond Aircraft. There will also be an L39-C fighter jet, a Pitts aerobatic plane, and a Beechcraft King Air on display.

None of which you'll fly at Jet University, or even have the money to buy because you're going to be $100's of thousands of dollars in debt, with no one hiring! And if you do get a job, you're lucky if it pays $20,000.

There will be tours of Jet University's Diamond, glass-cockpit, twin-engine simulator and Canadair Regional Jet simulator. Guests, who register in advance at www.JetUniversity.com, can reserve a spot to spend 20 minutes flying either simulator with a professional airline pilot instructor.

As opposed to an unprofessional flight instructor? Shows up drunk, clothes riddles with sparklies, fresh from the strip club down the street?

There has never been a better time to Learn to Fly. Modern technology has revolutionized flight training by dramatically increasing safety with moving-map GPS displays, traffic information, weather radar, terrain avoidance, and more. Anyone interested in a career as a pilot, improving their flying skills, adding to their ratings or just making the dream a reality should attend and find out just how easy and affordable it is to learn to fly like a pro, from the pros.

So I can improve my flying skills by going down to JetU? Fo reals?

Those ready to take that first step can register for a 30-minute discovery flight in a Diamond Aircraft, with a certified flight instructor, for only $39.

What's the difference between the professional flight instructor and the certified?

There will be hourly presentations for those interested in learning more about general aviation flight training and career airline pilot training. Airline representatives and professional airline pilots will be on hand to answer questions.

All guests can enter a free drawing for exciting prizes, including a scenic round-trip flight for two to Key West.

What if it's cloudy? :) Is it still scenic?

Event hours are 10 AM to 6 PM both days at Jet University's main campus at Ft. Lauderdale Executive Airport. Visit www.JetUniversity.com or call 954-928-0538 to register or for more information.

Oh, I'll get right on that!

About Jet University

Jet University provides industry-leading flight training services for beginner to professional career-oriented pilots, in a modern, safe, and comfortable setting, creating exceptionally trained, safe pilots. Founded in 2006, Jet University is located at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport (KFXE) in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. For more information visit us at www.JetUniversity.com.

Industry leading. Interesting. I wouldn't send MY kid down there! :)

Re: An "open house" at JetU? YAY!

Those ready to take that first step can register for a 30-minute discovery flight in a Diamond Aircraft, with a certified flight instructor, for only $39.

It's certificated, not certified...dont they know? Certified is what the USDA does to Angus beef.

So they check the CFI's for marbling, leanness and stamp their ass? :)

All guests can enter a free drawing for exciting prizes, including a scenic round-trip flight for two to Key West.

You mean, I can't make it a one way to get the hell out of there?

Just jumpseat down for the day, act like you've never seen a plane before and are super dooper interested in a pilot mill program for a job scene that will be littered with overqualified applicants for the next 10 years.

9 of us do that, and plug up the marketing people all day, then stop short of signing at 1700L, then we've saved countless people by sacrificing the day.

Kind of reminds me of the "FAA Licensed Pilot" license plate covers.

8559l.jpg

What, as opposed to "University of Phoenix Quasi-Certified It Looks Like A Real Diploma But I Really Didn't Go TO Class Pilot?"

Just jumpseat down for the day, act like you've never seen a plane before and are super dooper interested in a pilot mill program for a job scene that will be littered with overqualified applicants for the next 10 years.

I got busted trying to pull that at Pan Am up in Deer Valley!

You should buy MikeD some beers and learn how to go off the grid. :laff:

They'd probably shoot me on spot.

For a period of time, I was prone to be stabbed if I ever showed up in Sanford!

They'd probably shoot me on spot.

For a period of time, I was prone to be stabbed if I ever showed up in Sanford!

Well, as I see it, about anyone is prone to be stabbed all up in Sanford....

Them DCA kids are nutz.....Crazy hard-core, yo...

I got the email too!

Dough, send some buddy-passes my way and im there!

Do i get to fly the Albatross?

cool!:sarcasm:

Them DCA kids are nutz.....Crazy hard-core, yo...

True dat. I saw a DCA guy stone cold stab this ERAU student right in the eye over some stuff said over "common" in the practice area.

And that was BEFORE the wonderful, my best pal in the world, Shawn Raker arrived. :sarcasm:

Are you really going down?

Get some of those people at least looking at the internet!
Doug, if i can get down, i would totally do this...

i dont think i can get 400 bucks from my parents for a ticket tho...

Back