AMF

N8389P

Anyone know if Ameriflight hires VFR 135 guys? It wont be long and I should have my 500TT.

Nope - they have very very few VFR routes, and with them phasing out the Lance it is likely these VFR routes will disappear.

If you have a phenomenal instructing record, and can get some good LORs you might be able to be hired as an instructor. I am not sure how active they are recruiting for this but it is your best bet being under the hours to fly the line.

[ QUOTE ]
Nope - they have very very few VFR routes, and with them phasing out the Lance it is likely these VFR routes will disappear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't Ed instruct the Lance pilots? If they phase it out is he gonna be moved to instruct on other equipment, or is he out of luck?

The Lance fleet will be thinning out gradually - right now out of BUR they have one VFR route (I believe), which has sectors that can be flown IFR.

Keep working at it you will soon have the time to apply.

Iain, you seem to know a lot about Amflight. Are you starting again to think about being a pilot when you grow up???

No Don, I just got hired by an Investment Bank, here in Orange County. It was the company I REALLY wanted towork for when I graduated, however having no experience they did not want to hear from me. After 2 years of hard work (well some play in Australia) I got a call from their recruiter, and interviewed there 2 weeks ago, and was hired last week. On the 13th I fly out to FLL for training.

[ QUOTE ]
No Don, I just got hired by an Investment Bank, here in Orange County.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're into investing? Wow, if you are thats pretty funny. My two career aspirations are investment/money-mangement and flying. And I thought I was the only one!
rawk.gif

The company I work for is not into the asset management/trading side - we specialize in Mergers and Acquisitions.

So are they going to paint Chicaga's aircraft in the Delta colors or our aircraft in the Continental colors, Iain?
smile.gif

They are going to come up with a new company so the can spend millions on re-marketing/branding.

So Iain is go to be is going to be some hot shot invester who is going to own a fat house Laguna.I am jealous need a butler.

[ QUOTE ]
People have way to much money in the part of California.I wish I knew there secret.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sue everyone, for everything. J/K

What are they asking for that house?Why did somebody sale it or was it forecloused.And does AMF have IFR runs in the lance?

They want $7.5M for the house, which I think is quite cheap (considering it is 18,500 sq. ft.) combine that with the fact it has been on the market for 2 years leads me to believe it has problems (hence only wanting to lease it). It was not forclosed, you can not do what we want to do on forclosed properties - banks want their money, and want it now.

Yes most Lance flights at AMF are IFR.

There are lots of good deals on foreclousers in San Diego.The problem is bidding on them and how many people show up.Thats the only way I could afford a house in Socal now.I remember a new subdivsion in Carlsbad across the highway from the beach only 250,000 in 97,what a mistake not to buy.

Back