Utilizing your Dispatching certificate abroad?

Mattyairways

Has anyone utilized or know of anyone who has used their certificate to work abroad? My long-term goal of becoming a dispatcher is working abroad for a major such as Cathay, Singapore, Etihad, etc. but don't know how reasonable of feasible that goal is.

Any insight is appreciated.

Has anyone utilized or know of anyone who has used their certificate to work abroad? My long-term goal of becoming a dispatcher is working abroad for a major such as Cathay, Singapore, Etihad, etc. but don't know how reasonable of feasible that goal is.

Any insight is appreciated.

I have heard that Emirates and Etihad do hire ex-pats for their dispatch department. With any country, a lot depends on obtaining the right to work in that country and how much of a need there is for dispatchers in that country. It is worth noting that the labor laws are different. If Etihad or Emirates are your goal then beware of the fact that unions are not going to protect and negotiate for you where those airlines are based. Foreigners and the highest paid are often the first canned when the economy has a downturn.

I'm no expert on the matter, but from what I understand the best wages by far are in the US. Even airlines like Emirates, Etihad, and Singapore will pay significantly less than just about any airline in the US.

Back