Ameriflight memories, trauma

They orange bulbs are the ignition lights. All they mean is that power is being applied to the ignitor box. The blue "bypass" lights indicate if the FCU is bypassing fuel to the engine to prevent and over temp.
I suck at the internet I guess. I was making fun of him having GPS.

They orange bulbs are the ignition lights. All they mean is that power is being applied to the ignitor box. The blue "bypass" lights indicate if the FCU is bypassing fuel to the engine to prevent and over temp.
No need for the lights. The noise in the headset is plenty of confirmation. :)

Inb4 "company man flying at 97%"):D
1272079_10100693628001015_1199510097_o.jpg

Milk the poor company procedure for everything it is worth IMO. 97% doesn't save much fuel but it definitely can help the logbook in then long run. Funny how flying around at 100% still comes in way below company estimates for fuel consumption.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Milk the poor company procedure for everything it is worth IMO. 97% doesn't save much fuel but it definitely can help the logbook in then long run. Funny how flying around at 100% still comes in way below company estimates for fuel consumption.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
Oh trust me, I'm a flight hour street girl(can't type the other word). Yeah, 800 and 600 is WAY too high. I burn 1000 on a 2.3 hour leg usually. At FL 19-21 at least.

It's funny how human beings operate sometimes. Is it worth it to get an extra 2 minutes in a crappy crew apartment?

At the crew apartment I laid over at most often, it meant getting the better of 2 • beds if I could get there first. It's the little things like that that make a difference when you're tired.

I suck at the internet I guess. I was making fun of him having GPS.
I've done plenty of /U and /A. The Metro is easier than a 210/Baron in that environment. Bring it brah! The ONLY thing the Metro has brought to the table is it's D-bag flying characteristics. Other than that, ADM is disappointingly easier than any operation I've ever done. Already looking ahead at the Brasilia. Even easier. Child's airplane compared to a C172 in fact. :)

Last edited:
Not garmin. They bought the "rights" to it and called it the 480. It's nothing like the 430 or 7XX series. It is amazing however.

My bad. I haven't used a 430 in a couple years, as I currently fly a plane with a KLN90B in it. After looking at a pic of the 430, they are very much different. Oops.

http://www.flyingmag.com/pilots-places/pilots-adventures-more/life-and-death-flying-owens-valley

Brought back some memories of diverting on cold winter nights and shivering in the Navajo cockpit, waiting for the couriers to catch up... watching weather turn to crap from the crew apartment, knowing it would get you home WAY too late... and the social misfits that could only find careers as couriers.

A very good read.

Wow, I never get chills but that definitely got to me and I don't even know these guys. Stay safe out there, all of you.

Back