American To Hire

Speaking of unprofessional d-baggery on the PA, the other day I was on republic from ORD-CHS. The captain made it known that it was the FOs leg but “it’ll be ok. As long as you don’t hear me screaming, we will be fine. It’s going to be bumpy on the way out, but not only because of his flying.”

Then again on arrival, “should be a smooth ride on the way in, so the only bump you should feel is the first officer’s landing.”

Unreal. And when this guy busts a major airline interview, just watch him complain about women and minorities getting hired. Absolutely nothing to say about his own self being an ass.

Unreal. And when this guy busts a major airline interview, just watch him complain about women and minorities getting hired. Absolutely nothing to say about his own self being an ass.
more than likely that CA is a career regional guy....

American is going to hire.

Cool!

So how’s everyone’s day going?

Wonderfully. Enjoying a few more days till Guppy school take two (Not at AA, sorry) and am wondering if I even know how to Guppy anymore.

Eww
23 days off with a week of vacation dropped.
Line bidding is nice. So is being senior in seat.

We have line bidding too, vacation touching trips drop, but then we only get credit for the vacation days themselves. You still have to make sure you stay above 75 hrs (trips remaining + vacation pay has to be greater than 75 hrs). That sucks. We lost that provision with the Kasher award in 2005.

We do get single vacation day trading ability. So my days in July were spread out. I’m too junior to hold July vacation so I hawked opentime 4 times a day and in the end got 8 total days in July (not consecutive).

In April I had 4 vac days consecutive for spring break, and got 9 off in a row with that.

We have line bidding too, vacation touching trips drop, but then we only get credit for the vacation days themselves. You still have to make sure you stay above 75 hrs (trips remaining + vacation pay has to be greater than 75 hrs). That sucks. We lost that provision with the Kasher award in 2005.

We do get single vacation day trading ability. So my days in July were spread out. I’m too junior to hold July vacation so I hawked opentime 4 times a day and in the end got 8 total days in July (not consecutive).

In April I had 4 vac days consecutive for spring break, and got 9 off in a row with that.
Yikes.

Small weak men always feel the need to tell everyone who will listen. But moreso the ones that won't, exactly how powerful and in the know that they think that they are. In order to cover up their gaping weakness.

Said in layman's terms:

You come off as an attention seeking narcissist, begging for an audience, who says that he alone has the secrets to the universe and that you're the only one who can give it to you.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but more than about 5 or 6 years ago, most Americans would not have even known what "narcissist" meant. For a few years after 2001, a few Americans learned where Iraq and Afghanistan were on a map. Maybe Americans need really bad nasties to happen before they are capable of taking any interest in anything. As for considered, deliberate interest in anything? ...

Last edited:

Not sure about PDT, but we are the last holdout with the lines.
Whatever is touched drops unpaid outside the footprint, but you can cover that out of your sick bank. Whatever OT you fly over your vacay is paid at 200% on top of that. That was the plan, but accommodating ex's schedule of business trips got in the way, so I'll just enjoy days off.
I managed 17 days off straight with a week of vacation, but I'm senior in seat and I was bidding for max drop.

Not sure about PDT, but we are the last holdout with the lines.
Whatever is touched drops unpaid outside the footprint, but you can cover that out of your sick bank. Whatever OT you fly over your vacay is paid at 200% on top of that. That was the plan, but accommodating ex's schedule of business trips got in the way, so I'll just enjoy days off.
I managed 17 days off straight with a week of vacation, but I'm senior in seat and I was bidding for max drop.

I was referring to AS. Are you talking about FDX, SWA, ? Those are the only 3 majors I know still doing line bidding. Not sure about regionals.

Back