American Reaches Agreement in Principal

Have not JS'd on a 220, but my flabber was gasted the first time I JS'd on a 320 and realized that I wasn't in the way. Palatial!
And it has power seats!

In the Guppy it's like slamming a Von Duprin 33A trying to get the seat into position.

Von Duprin 33A
This for the uninitiated

1686111374000.png

Soooo, this is only PARTIALLY tongue in cheek, but another of the few Delta pilots pissed we don’t trigger their snap up AND mad APA just shot down their getting 15k new dues payers. I don’t necessarily disagree with him, though.

With that said this AIP maybe doesn’t raise the bar but I don’t see, so far, that it necessarily lowers it. I just doubt how much bar raising APA could have accomplished with how far behind the current book is and with the current leadership team at AA.

Soooo, this is only PARTIALLY tongue in cheek, but another of the few Delta pilots pissed we don’t trigger their snap up AND mad APA just shot down their getting 15k new dues payers. I don’t necessarily disagree with him, though.

With that said this AIP maybe doesn’t raise the bar but I don’t see, so far, that it necessarily lowers it. I just doubt how much bar raising APA could have accomplished with how far behind the current book is and with the current leadership team at AA.

I haven't been at work for almost five weeks, but all I've heard was largely indifference.

I do have to wonder, if the roles were reversed…

Let’s say APA just set the bar across the industry with the contract that Delta ALPA brought to the table. And let’s say Delta pilots were in the shoes that the APA pilots currently find themselves in… Do you think that is the contract that DALPA would have bargained?

All APA did was an almost blatant copy/paste. Delta ALPA expended the millions of dollars in time and resources to negotiate that contract. APA just copy/pasted. And they structured their pay raises as a blatant slap in the face to DALPA for all the heavy lifting.

Let’s say APA just set the bar across the industry with the contract that Delta ALPA brought to the table. And let’s say Delta pilots were in the shoes that the APA pilots currently find themselves in… Do you think that is the contract that DALPA would have bargained?

All APA did was an almost blatant copy/paste. Delta ALPA expended the millions of dollars in time and resources to negotiate that contract. APA just copy/pasted. And they structured their pay raises as a blatant slap in the face to DALPA for all the heavy lifting.
Ok but why?

I honestly haven't seen anyone that was pissed off about the AA AIP. It is certainly disappointing but part of the risk in negotiating it.

I do wonder if the last year will provide a snap up. I haven't researched it but the amendable date pay increase is technically above ours...

You've been doing this long enough to know better.

APA did copy/paste some (most... probably not) of the language from the most recent Delta contract, but where they were starting from was considerably farther behind. The actual level of improvement for APA is considerably higher than the level of improvement Delta got. Not to mention, I'd guess that all of the big carriers management have made a deal to try to minimize snap up clauses triggering. From a management point of view, the uncertainty of variable payrates is a huge, huge negative. There was a time period (about 6 year ago), where management would love to screw over another company by doing something like that, but in a post covid world, A4A is stronger than ever, and I think you'll see all the management groups working hard to keep things predictable.

You know its contract season when people start pulling out the "blatant slap in the face" talk. Comically recited.

The biggest reason I was bummed that my airline didn’t get a signing bonus was that I was looking forward to hearing about all the weird stuff people did with their money.

“So I’ve got a third family now!”
F350s and Teslas when we got that fat stack in 2019.

My wife bought a $1000 chair, and I put the rest in the bank.

Back