American Reaches Agreement in Principal

I, uh, have some news for you. That’s not boba.
tumblr_o3umyplk7m1re3x32o1_250.gif

Alright.

B737

I got another one.

FOs who store their flight bag standing vertical on the JS behind me.

If your bag can’t fit under the JS where it belongs, then go buy a 737-friendly bag. Or better yet, pack less sh*t.
Good god… that’s a thing?

Good god… that’s a thing?

Every other captain I flew with did it until about a year ago. Then practice was verboten via our flying handbook or other document.

Then the captains would race me down the jet bridge so they could but their giant bag in the tiny bag storage under the jump first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm amazed at how much room there is up front on the A220. It's the most spacious narrowbody jumpseat I've ever sat on, there's room for everyone's stuff, and so on.

The 320 types go "ha room for activities" and Bombardier was like "hold our beer, buddy."

Every other captain I flew with did it until about a year ago. Then practice was verboten via our flying handbook or other document.

Then the captains would race me down the jet bridge so they could but their giant bag in the tiny bag storage under the jump first.

I mean, couldn’t someone just put a bag in an overhead or in the closet in the cabin? That’s the way it’s done at SouthernJetz…works good, last long time

I mean, couldn’t someone just put a bag in an overhead or in the closet in the cabin? That’s the way it’s done at SouthernJetz…works good, last long time

I found a bag that fit on the FOs side between the seat and the wall. The whole race to the bag storage thing wasn’t my problem anymore.

Wait, there’s some guidance prohibiting it? Could you please point me that way? Would love to use it.

I. Don’t. Know. My guess is that it’s for the hand full of 80 year olds still flying that refuse to use the iPad and prefer to print the release from DECS.
We have a number of guys who carry their own clipboards here. I thought it was standard for new captains for a while. I remember mentioning how happy I’d be when we go to electronic releases to a captain a few months ago. You would’ve thought I was advocating for women to talk back to their husbands in the 1900’s. He got excited and ranted on about how it’s dangerous not to have a paper back up, and rambled on.

I'm amazed at how much room there is up front on the A220. It's the most spacious narrowbody jumpseat I've ever sat on, there's room for everyone's stuff, and so on.

The 320 types go "ha room for activities" and Bombardier was like "hold our beer, buddy."
Wait the 220 has more room up front than the 320? I've only been on a 220 once, checked out the cockpit for a brief second, looked nice....Didn't really seem bigger than the 320 cockpit tho..

Wait the 220 has more room up front than the 320? I've only been on a 220 once, checked out the cockpit for a brief second, looked nice....Didn't really seem bigger than the 320 cockpit tho..
It is the most comfortable narrowbody jump seat I’ve ever sat on. It may not be roomier in absolute terms, but the creature comforts up front are 10/10.

320 cockpit is roomier. I prefer the 320 jumpseat. I’ve only ridden on the 220 once, but I don’t think it had armrests.

SEA is so •in weird.

Back