American Eagle to unveil new name; and does

Early rumors were Liberty; latest rumor is Envoy.

Both names after POS American made SUVs

mic-drop.gif

It's not Racis' if it's true. I actually LIKE grits, and no, damit, I don't wear shoes 'lessin I hafta!

Plus I genuinely and deeply enjoy the dulcet tones of the banjo and hammer-dulcimer. I do seem to have all of my teeth, though, so I guess we're all still Surprises, to some degree.

That said, moonshine? Well, yes.
Hammered-dulcimer? We pick and strum ours in the Bluegrass, fancy pants.

Could take a play out of Midwest's book and serve delicious fried chicken on every flight instead of the famous chocolate chip cookies.

Changed my mind. The thought of a deep fryer filled with oil on an aircraft sounds like a really dangerous idea!

in Virginia? Are the natives afraid because it always means… "those people" will start moving in now? :)

White collar criminals? I figure the beltway would be welcoming.

"AFC Enterprises [America's Favorite Chicken] is the Sandy Springs, Georgia-headquartered company that owns Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits.

AFC was formerly the franchiser of Seattle's Best Coffee and Cinnabon. In 2003 the company came under investigation from the Internal Revenue Service as part of the accounting scandal of Arthur Anderson [and Enron]. AFC was forced to sell off its Seattle's Best Coffee division to Starbucks and in 2004 sold its international division and Cinnabon to FOCUS Brands, Inc. In late 2004, AFC sold off its Church's Chicken division to Arcapita, a venture-capital firm that also is the parent of Caribou Coffee."​

They do make a good chicken, but I've never been to a Popeye's that wasn't managed terribly ... how does a fried chicken joint "run out" of iced tea!?

JayAre said
:Both names after POS American made SUVs

Bronco, Explorer, Navigator, Durango, Cheyenne, Encore, Escape, Compass, Tahoe, Journey... The list goes on.

IMHO, the names of imported SUVs aren't much better, even if the vehicles are. Tuareg Air Lines? Land Cruiser Airways?

Back