American Eagle to unveil new name; and does

Is American Airline Group still selling (re-branding, then selling) Envoy???

Ok, let me get this straight, instead of placing Envoy up for adoption (selling it); AAG has turned it into Stepchild and will make them compete with other airlines it has now adopted? To force them to increase competition and lower costs among themselves? BRILLIANT!

Is American Airline Group still selling (re-branding, then selling) Envoy???

Ok, let me get this straight, instead of placing Envoy up for adoption (selling it); AAG has turned it into Stepchild and will make them compete with other airlines it has now adopted? To force them to increase competition and lower costs among themselves? BRILLIANT!

More or less. I may refer to us as 'Envy' airlines, though.

Don't hate us because we're beautiful. ;)

DA46068LOGO.jpeg

American Airlines Group unveiled the new name of American Eagle Airlines on Tuesday. It will be renamed as “Envoy” this spring. Not Envoy Airlines. Envoy.

“Our people and our company – which is one the largest regional carriers in the world with some of the best people in our business – deserve a name that is all our own,” American Eagle president and CEO Pedro Fabregas said in the announcement.

“By taking on the Envoy name, we can better differentiate ourselves from the competition and better market ourselves. This is important for both our people and our company as we further expand our ground handling business,” Fabregas said.

More than a year ago, officials announced that it would rename the carrier, owned by American Airlines Group, because it wanted to use the American Eagle brand on all its regional flying.

In the past, American Eagle referred to American Eagle Airlines and Executive Airlines, the two regional carriers owned by American Airlines Group. Regional flying done by non-owned carriers was branded as American Connection.

But American Airlines has added American Eagle service from SkyWest and Republic Airlines in the past two years, and decided in late 2012 to rename American Eagle Airlines to something else. The Dec. 9, 2013, merger with US Airways brought two US Airways Express carriers into the family, and they’ll be rebranded as American Eagle over time.

The renamed Envoy will still fly for American Airlines under the American Eagle brand, of course, even if it isn’t American Eagle Airlines.

Here’s how AAG explained the name change in its announcement Tuesday:

” This change is being made to give the company its own distinct identity and eliminate the confusion between the company’s current name and American Eagle, the regional flying brand of American Airlines, Inc. With the formation of American Airlines Group, the 10 carriers currently providing regional service for the legacy American and US Airways networks will all eventually fly under the American Eagle brand.”

AAG said that it picked Envoy after looking at more than 1,000 names “and considering feedback from American Eagle Airlines employees. The name was chosen because Envoy is reflective of what the company does for the airlines it works with – serving as their ambassador and a representative to their customers.”

After the name change, the airplanes will be painted as American Eagle and carry an “Operated by Envoy” label.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/...as-new-name-for-american-eagle-airlines.html/

tl;dr "Parker called me and told to change the name. I made up the best story I could" American Eagle president and CEO Pedro Fabregas said in the announcement.

"So who do you fly flor?"
"I fly for Envoy."
"Oh, never heard of them."
"Well, our paint is new."
"Is this a private airline?"
"No, it's what you used to know as American Eagle."
"Oh, so like that plane there?" [points to E170]
"No, that's Republic."
"No, THAT one." [points to same plane]
"No, that's still Republic."
"No, THAT one that says American Eagle on the side." [points to same plane]
"Yeah, that's the new American Eagle like me, but not the old American Eagle."
"So you fly for American Eagle?"
"No, I said I'm Envoy."
"Seriously, man, what does your AIRPLANE say on the side?"
"It says American Eagle."
"I thought Republic's said that!"
"Well, Republic, DOES do that sometimes. So does SkyWest. So does Envoy."
"Do you even know what you are talking about? Are you really a pilot?"
"I am a pilot for the former American Eagle Airlines, now Envoy, now American Eagle."
"You are seriously confusing. How do I buy a ticket on Envoy?"
"Go to the American Airlines website."
"American Eagle's"?
"No, American."
"How do I check in for an Envoy flight"?
"Go to the American Airlines ticket counter."
"So you are telling me that you work for The Company formerly known as American Eagle Airlines, now Envoy, now American Eagle, kinda like SkyWest that I check in to either at a United, Delta, US Airways, American Airlines, or Hawaiian Airlines ticket counter, though here now American Eagle, kinda like Republic that I check in at a US Airways, American, or United ticket counter, though here now American Eagle, but you are under American Airlines"?
"Perfect."
"Ok, let's keep this simple. If I check in for an American Eagle flight at aa.com, go to an American Airlines ticket counter, talk to an American Airlines representative, go to the American Airlines concourse where my ticket says American on it, as does my plane...then who bears the brunt of responsibility if there is an accident"?
"Envoy."
"You mean American, right?"
"No, American Eagle. Envoy."
"I thought you were American?"
"We are under American. Listen, when Continental Flight 3407 went down, it was actually Colgan kinda Continental 3407. The CEO said...'We did not train those pilots. We did not maintain those aircraft. We did not operate the aircraft. But we expect them to be safe. We expect the Federal Aviation Administration to do its job.' American wants our skills, our services, our money, our profits, but not our faults, too. If we do good, American takes credit. If we do bad, it's Envoy's fault. Got it"?
"No, I'm the general public. I do NOT get it."
"Then management has done its job."
Seriously, ladies and gents, I do not...
envy.jpg

you at all. I thought it was hard enough explaining that I worked for a private company under a holding company doing business as a minor carrier under a major in a merger! Yikes.

Last edited:
What's the cost of rebranding everything?

Million$ that could have easily been paid to pilots.....thats how much it's gonna cost to rebrand SMH

The hell is wrong with this industry!?

Normally I pitty the fool who wants to be an airline pilot w/o a 4-yr college degree... But you know what, who cares!?
Why bother urging youths to get 4-yr degree college degree now if a high school diploma holder will make more money or have a better QOL than a regional airline pilot. Somebody please tell me the incentive?

New motto.... Don't let that "you need a back-up plan" fool you. Loosing your 1st class medical @ the regional airline level might be a blessing in disguise.

Back