ALPA Dues Refund

IMG_3920.jpeg

Anyone’s MEC said anything about returning local funds?

At our shop it’s once about every 3-4 yrs. I want to say we got a refund check late last year, I think. All part f the dues reconciliation.

But this is at the national level, apparently.

At our shop it’s once about every 3-4 yrs. I want to say we got a refund check late last year, I think. All part f the dues reconciliation.

But this is at the national level, apparently.
Yeah, been getting comms about the national refund for a while now… interesting about your local one. Hadn’t heard of that before.

Yeah, been getting comms about the national refund for a while now… interesting about your local one. Hadn’t heard of that before.

Some were merger related refunds.

But otherwise, some dues refund because we had a surplus. I don’t have the letter anymore. But the last two times, it was a decent enough check. Like $700-1000 range.

Some were merger related refunds.

But otherwise, some dues refund because we had a surplus. I don’t have the letter anymore. But the last two times, it was a decent enough check. Like $700-1000 range.

Is it akin to a tax refund, where it only means you are overpaying in taxes….or dues, in this case?

Is it akin to a tax refund, where it only means you are overpaying in taxes….or dues, in this case?

Weird thing is that every once in awhile, I get a reconciliation bill saying I owe money. It’s very little, like $30-50 bucks. I don’t keep track of any of this stuff, I have auto DCO.

In the case of the refund, our airline union explained how the union collected X, our union expenses for the last 3-4 yrs were Y, so since X>Y, we are getting a refund.

Weird thing is that every once in awhile, I get a reconciliation bill saying I owe money. It’s very little, like $30-50 bucks. I don’t keep track of any of this stuff, I have auto DCO.

In the case of the refund, our airline union explained how the union collected X, our union expenses for the last 3-4 yrs were Y, so since X>Y, we are getting a refund.

Well thats a nice thing to receive then.

I recently got an Email from ALPA saying I had to pay some amount, $90 or so, due to an accounting error by the company. No biggie, I paid it the same day via the web site. Then I got an email saying, our bad, never mind, we’ll credit you. Ok. Then I got a letter, snail mail this time, saying yes you do owe. Ok, I check the ALPA site, it says I’m golden. Then I get a refund check in the mail from ALPA. I’m reluctant to cash it….

I recently got an Email from ALPA saying I had to pay some amount, $90 or so, due to an accounting error by the company. No biggie, I paid it the same day via the web site. Then I got an email saying, our bad, never mind, we’ll credit you. Ok. Then I got a letter, snail mail this time, saying yes you do owe. Ok, I check the ALPA site, it says I’m golden. Then I get a refund check in the mail from ALPA. I’m reluctant to cash it….

I’ve learned always cash a check in your name first. Then ask why or what it was for. Far easier cashing the check and having it, then having to fight for money you’re owed.

I made a mistake that way, losing $4,000 which I have to go to small claims court for now. Long story.

That's it, I'm buying a 911 Turbo! A six-speed too mind you

Short money, dogg! GT3!

However, it's hilarious how pilots are so anti ALPA on one hand, but cry like Karens when they have the impression that the company slighted them.

Sadly, for the past 26 years of my career at my current airline, it's been "recall the folks that took over after the recall of the previous people who are there because the earlier pilots got recalled because there was a recall, but they were recalled, but we're mad because.... wait.... I don't know!"

Back