Allegiant Air's prudent ways help it soar

...as well as paying their pilots below standard but that's OK as long as people can fly DSM-LAS-DSM for $212

Hmm work for Allegiant at slightly below industry average or.... work for almost any other airline and be furloughed making 0 dollars/hr just saying. Im sure everyone will say thats why pilots that work for them are killing the industry, but hey, they are making money while we are in a recession.

Hmm work for Allegiant at slightly below industry average or.... work for almost any other airline and be furloughed making 0 dollars/hr just saying. Im sure everyone will say thats why pilots that work for them are killing the industry, but hey, they are making money while we are in a recession.

I still don't know what "industry average" is though?

"I'd rather make more money and you be out of a job" seems to be quite a common feeling amongst a lot of the people movers and one or two of the bigger freight companies.

Home every night with a SFB (that's close to Orlando for the folks that don't know) base? I've been interested for a while......

wow!!! Someone doesn't have the shinny jet syndrome:)

Has nothing to do with shinny jet syndrome. Has to do with working and not being furloughed like so many pilots are. Option A: furloughed from an airline that pays "industry average" Option B: work for Allegiant making slightly below "industry average" but you have a job and most importantly an INCOME.

Has nothing to do with shinny jet syndrome. Has to do with working and not being furloughed like so many pilots are. Option A: furloughed from an airline that pays "industry average" Option B: work for Allegiant making slightly below "industry average" but you have a job and most importantly an INCOME.

No, I was replying to the comment about buying a new jet for 40 million of buying used for 4 million.

Allegiant seems to have that most remarkable and rare asset, hardly ever found in the airline industry: Competent management. So, I ask. How much is a competent management team worth. Would you rather have more money, very real potential for furlough, and Glen Tilton?

Their planes look HUGE when one is waiting in the run-up area, inside a 172, over at KFCL as they taxi back to the parking area. Their pilots are always polite and professional on the CTAF as they come in to land FWIW....'course when you have a big/bad jet and everyone else is a putt-putt single engine prop, you can afford to be polite. :)

Allegiant seems to have that most remarkable and rare asset, hardly ever found in the airline industry: Competent management. So, I ask. How much is a competent management team worth.

Management isn't just one factor...it's the only factor. When management gets the loyalty, support and respect of their employees, look out...they can overcome most industry obstacles. I hope that's what's going on at Allegiant but you don't hear much said about them (this may be a good thing).

SWA began as a pathetic little outfit with 3 airplanes, low pay, no benefits and Lamar Muse. Once they got rid of Muse and Kelleher took over, well, the rest is history.

You're flying around 150 pax and top out at 100k/year CA(10 year captain), FO's make around 45k. Sorry but that SUCKS for flying around an MD-80. Oh and it's non-union ;)

I don't hate Allegiant, I flew them once because they didn't try to re-route me around the CONUS to get to my destination. Oh and their CS, SUCKS! ask Max, he was with me when I was calling them...repeated 20min holds.

You're flying around 150 pax and top out at 100k/year CA(10 year captain), FO's make around 45k. Sorry but that SUCKS for flying around an MD-80. Oh and it's non-union ;)

I don't hate Allegiant, I flew them once because they didn't try to re-route me around the CONUS to get to my destination. Oh and their CS, SUCKS! ask Max, he was with me when I was calling them...repeated 20min holds.

You would snatch up a gig with them in a heart beat if you had the times and an offer. Dont even deny it. Then again, perhaps the Mad Dog is too manly for you? ;)
:sarcasm:

You would snatch up a gig with them in a heart beat if you had the times and an offer. Dont even deny it. Then again, perhaps the Mad Dog is too manly for you? ;)
:sarcasm:

Yea If I wanted to take a poop on my fellow pilots :sarcasm:

How the f would they expect me to find Des Moines without glass? :D

Why are still running the MD's? Wouldn't it be more fuel efficient to have a Airbus or Boeing? Since Alaska got rid of theirs and American is next.

. . .come to NJC. We always take a tour of their facility, and last year someone asked that question.

Their response, Airbus is jocking them real bad, like real bad..but the pilots are telling management no, we don't want to fly no stinking Airbus. We want to fly american mfg planes.

As such if, they ever drop the MD-80 they're thinking 738's. And no, they don't like the MD-90,as it a bit to high tech they said in comparison to their dinosaur MD-80's!

Yeah but to be home every night - to see your kids grow up - sorry, but that seems reasonable.

Back