Alaskan LOA offer

Someone spill the beans on this ski pass…paid leave I’m assuming? Well we got a decent haul of snow yesterday in SLC. Hopefully getting close to opening day out here. Sounds like a good deal regardless!!
Not paid as far as I know. Keep benis though.

Someone spill the beans on this ski pass…paid leave I’m assuming? Well we got a decent haul of snow yesterday in SLC. Hopefully getting close to opening day out here. Sounds like a good deal regardless!!

Comeon, that was barely a dusting….woohoo found another slc guy

Many airlines offer LOAs this time of year. Both of the last 2 I’ve worked for.

I get the sense that this company makes an honest effort at saving for a rainy day. I can't speak to the effectiveness, but I haven't seen them squander funds. I'm pretty sure the piggy bank is bigger, proportionately, than most others. Hopefully we don't have to test that theory any time soon. But it is a reason I have stuck around.

I get the sense that this company makes an honest effort at saving for a rainy day. I can't speak to the effectiveness, but I haven't seen them squander funds. I'm pretty sure the piggy bank is bigger, proportionately, than most others. Hopefully we don't have to test that theory any time soon. But it is a reason I have stuck around.
At this point, it appears as if the airlines which provide a viable product at a reasonable price point have gotten things reliably self-sustaining, global pandemics notwithstanding. Hopefully that contributes to be the case.

This is not even true overstaffing or an economic downturn issue. They reduced flying and want to break even in Q1. That's why they offered this really half assed LOA with a chance to win a ski pass lol...

I called us Alaskan Airways in the lobby of the 737 training center when I was going to Airbus Instructor recurrent (on purpose) and to see the long-time 737 guys utterly lose their collective minds as I was standing there honestly made me way happier than I could have ever imagined.
It’s funny what you can do to do get guys riled up about. Here at redneck air we all lampoon the company these days but a while back I figured out a way to drive the Dallas guys batty. While briefing the SID I pronounced LNDRE “lander” like the old Denver arrival.

“Boy don’t you know that’s Tom Landry! What’s wrong with you?”

1700666276984.gif

And ever since I have to mispronounce every cowboys name there, you know as a litmus test.

It’s funny what you can do to do get guys riled up about. Here at redneck air we all lampoon the company these days but a while back I figured out a way to drive the Dallas guys batty. While briefing the SID I pronounced LNDRE “lander” like the old Denver arrival.

“Boy don’t you know that’s Tom Landry! What’s wrong with you?”

View attachment 75065

And ever since I have to mispronounce every cowboys name there, you know as a litmus test.
Ah tell yew hwat

Back