Alaska TA Passes

Cheechako

[FONT=&quot]Tentative Agreement Passes Membership Ratification[/FONT]

The Tentative Agreement reached last month has been ratified with 84.26% of the pilots who voted casting their ballot in favor of the new contract. A total of 1,264 pilots, or 95.4% of pilots eligible to vote, did so. The official ballot results are attached to this Update.

The MEC will immediately begin the process of implementing the new contract. Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) 09-05, found in the back of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, provides a timeline for the implementation of our new work rules, especially those regarding monthly BBH and reserve line awards, training and scheduling. We will continue to keep you updated as changes are phased in and ask for your patience while we transition to our new CBA.
Here are the highlights:

• ~22% Payrate increase (~16% immediately, then 1.5, 1.5, 1.8% yearly)
  • Non-RON per diem $2.00 up from $1.30
  • Performance Based Pay Program (profit sharing)
  • Short Call reserve (2 hour) with 79 hour guarantee. Short Call Reserves can preference trips.
  • Long Call Reserve (11 hour) with 75 hour guarantee, 2 hours of pay the first time they are converted to short call and 1 hour of pay for each additional conversion. Long Call Reserves can pick up trips from open time the day prior provided the trip meets certain criteria.
  • Day off for reserves for a total of 12 days off per bid period, One 120 Hour block, One 72 hour block, Two 48 hour blocks.
  • Real Time Trip Trading to be implemented
  • Three Retirement Options: Current A(Pension)/B Plan(401k), Rebalanced (less A, more B), B Plan only. All future new hires, B Plan only.

22% increase. . .impressive. Dig the different per diem structure, nice. The day off blocks for reserves - also, very nice.

Looks like some real advances. Nice job.

Wonderful vote turnout as well.

Any cons?

Good job! :nana2:

Oh, btw, can you have your MEC call our MEC and stop using the word "raise"? :)

22% increase. . .impressive. Dig the different per diem structure, nice. The day off blocks for reserves - also, very nice.

Looks like some real advances. Nice job.

Wonderful vote turnout as well.

Any cons?

Cons? As I see it, this is pretty good all around, especially in this economy. I'm an optimist and take what I'm given. . .

Congrats! Wow - 79 hour guarantees for short call reserves? What was the old guarantee?

76 hours for both 2-hour and 4-hour reserves.

Good job! :nana2:

Oh, btw, can you have your MEC call our MEC and stop using the word "raise"? :)

They ain't gonna git you a raaaiise??

Nah, just that we slid back so far that whenever we do negotiate a pay increase/partial restoration, they call it a "raise" and want to stage a victory parade down Peachtree Street.

I'm sitting airport reserve right now. Just reading those reserve rules makes me want to punch the person next to me in frustration. This next contract BETTER be decent or this place is gonna come apart.

Good for Alaska, though. Nice to see guys getting good deals despite the doom and gloom management at all levels is tossing around.

Congrats!!!
Sounds like great strides in jacking the house good on the Alaska pilots.

I'm curious however, how was the MEC able to negotiate this with jetBlue, Virgin America, and Allegiant out there?

Congrats!!!

I'm curious however, how was the MEC able to negotiate this with jetBlue, Virgin America, and Allegiant out there?

I'd actually be very interested in hearing from a NC guy over at Alaska how those companies affected their negotiations.

Rumor has it the Company wanted to get the deal done so they could pursue some kind of merger/acquisition deal with either Delta or Air Tran.

Awesome news guys:rawk:

Cheechako, if you ever have free time at the airport let me know. I seem to spend a good amount of time waiting on flights.:)

Congrats!!!

I'd actually be very interested in hearing from a NC guy over at Alaska how those companies affected their negotiations.

I talked to the ALPA Director of Representation about it, and he said that they were able to get the NMB to apply a lot of pressure to Alaska management to get the deal done. When the NMB started pushing, the CEO of the company actually showed up at the table to start negotiating. That's highly unusual. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of merger or other large company event that they needed the deal done for. I can't imagine that just the NMB pressure was enough, although I'm sure it was a great push.

Back