Alaska TA Passes

No losses to scope, and they have a holding company side letter that binds the holding company to the contract.

Until the holding company violates and the arbitrator says "Bad company.....now don't do it again." Or maybe that was just our rotten luck.

I thought the whole DL/AS codeshare was to lock up AS to DL and keep anyone from tying up with AS.

If Alaska mergers with DAL I hope Horizon doesn't get thrown into the DCI shuffle. They would probably get done up Comair style.

If Alaska mergers with DAL I hope Horizon doesn't get thrown into the DCI shuffle. They would probably get done up Comair style.

Rumor is according to a certain AK pilot that they want to sell Alaska, and keep Horizon and do all their business with E-Jets!

So, if he is right..then no. Horizon isn't on the Horizon of being a wholey owned DCI carrier!

If there's not another carrier in the Delta mix in the next 36 months I'll be really shocked.

I hope Horizon comes along. Solid carrier with a good network. All they need is yet another carrier serving the southeast where the growth is going to be out west and in the Pacific.

From my days at Horizon...we always heard that Alaska would be sold by the Air Group and Horizon would be retained to "rebuild" Alaska using bigger airplanes (E-Jets in the talk).

While I think that is what would happen...I personally would love to Horizon get bought out as well. With as many options for the Q400 as they have, Delta could exercise those and bring Q400's into Atlanta (where I think they would make a KILLING). I'd hate to see Horizon's level of service get mixed into the DCI world...that would mean no more free beer and wine... :(

Thanks for the nice words about Horizon, Doug. Hopefully if you've caught a ride on Horizon, they've treated you as nice as Delta crews always treated me when I rode along.

Back