Alaska Hawaiian Merger?

some guy with an "I love me" room who has posters of 737s with Alaska paint on it
Done one seat sub for someone
asked for a downgrade. Not sure how they managed it.
I'm not the only one who isn't very excited
My gamble is to just wait on the eventual forced downgrade.
it will probably allow for some advantage.

When people say “trust your instincts”, you should do the opposite

The annoying thing is that I suspect @BEEF SUPREME is actually a really cool dude in person. We could talk mountain biking and trips and awesome outdoors •, but we've all gotta be keyboard warriors on the internet so that stuff is lost in translation. Sadly he doesn't want to actually meet any of us "fat nerds" though lol
Don’t conflate someone’s proclaimed interests as personality. The thoughts he’s typed out should be a huge 🚩. Words have meaning and it’s concerning.

Don’t conflate someone’s proclaimed interests as personality. The thoughts he’s typed out should be a huge 🚩. Words have meaning and it’s concerning.
I axed that post because I didn't feel it was well written. Beef comes across here as a whiny, entitled, trumpy kind of "the world is out to get me" sort of person. And maybe he is. But. That may not actually be true in person. It's entirely possible he's actually a really cool dude that just wound up in a job that he's not happy with. I've changed my opinion on peoples persona on this site after meeting them in person multiple times so I remain openminded to who they really are. ymmv

That's about the feedback I get from all the other members here I've flown with :p

I've also hung with @ASpilot2be and all I gotta say is

giphy.gif

So what is the over/under for how long they keep the Amazon A330F operation going? Alaska does have a couple 737Fs in ANC, but will they let it go to Sun Country who can no doubt underbid them?
No idea about the A330Fs, the 737Fs don’t fly for Amazon directly however. I’d love for the to get more 800Fs.

It depends on how much profit is in that operation. Can they even cancel the contract? Cost will go up too, there is zero appetite for a B Scale with the new contract and widebody rates need to be standard with AA/UA/DL or it’s not gonna pass.

The contract runs 7 more years and it has multiple extension clauses. It's cancelable by either party with notice, but the cancelation fees are very high. It isn't a huge profit generator, but when run correctly it brings in steady income. The B scale was necessary to being with but probably not long term. Also, even without being able to credit insanely high amounts with minimum days, the difference in wage rates was mostly made up with positive space commuting and hotels.

This crap needs to go. What’s to say at extension time, we went all in with 30-60 freighters for Amazon, then they come back for renewal and say it’s gonna have to be a 1/3 cut in order to keep the contract?

Farm it out again?

I thought pilots learned from past history.

Back