Alaska Hawaiian Merger?

Yes. We also had more MAINLINE aircraft in 2019 than 2023. Yet people are going to tell me about how I am wrong to be concerned about growth.
2023 was last year. By your logic I could argue that we have way more aircraft in 2024 than we did in 2021. Yes we drew down a fleet and now we are slowly growing. We just bought another airline. We can all pontificate about how that will go but the reality is nobody knows, not even the C-suite. We will continue to take deliveries in the meantime and do our thing. It's not worth getting all riled up over. You pretending like you know how it will all go down is laughable, just like most everything you post.

Yes but people here think they’re anonymous and can • post without getting called out. But also, isn’t this thread dedicated to the Alaska/Hawaiian merger? It’s mostly what we’re talking about when we can stay on topic.

It is. Though it’s also getting pretty in-depth with pilot group detail and getting seemingly personal. Just made me wonder if there needs to be a dedicated forum section here, if AS didn’t have its own forum for pilots to rabble rabble 😂

To be fair, I don't think that BEEF upgraded for the money. I get not being able to stand a bunch of left seat micromanagers. That hasn't been my experience, but I didn't fly the trips he did. So in that sense, it wouldn't make sense to voluntarily downgrade. At least if my assumptions are correct.

I think we’ve seen posts, about far too many of his CAs being anti-Semitic, anti deicers, arrogant, and dangerous…

Well, either all that is true. Or…. OR…. The problem was the FO in the right seat.

Of course your experience hasn’t been like that, because it isn’t an issue.

@BEEF SUPREME

I’d actually like to know what a FO “learned a lot” about VNAV during descent.

Cruising at FL350. Descend to say FL240. Now it starts down in VNAV PTH.

What did you chose to do now in this automatically-initiated descent in your quest to “mentor?”

I think we’ve seen posts, about far too many of his CAs being anti-Semitic, anti deicers, arrogant, and dangerous…

Well, either all that is true. Or…. OR…. The problem was the FO in the right seat.

Of course your experience hasn’t been like that, because it isn’t an issue.

Pro stands won’t even take calls about Mr No Deice anymore. They just tell the FOs to call mgmt. Its officially impossible to get fired from here.

Shiny Captain Syndrome.
Getting stupid because the money was good is a thing. So is career progression and so is “goddamnit.” Unless it’s a widebody position I don’t understand lifer FOs (though I admit they may make my goals easier).

Still, bid what you want and want what you’re awarded.

Getting stupid because the money was good is a thing. So is career progression and so is “goddamnit.” Unless it’s a widebody position I don’t understand lifer FOs (though I admit they may make my goals easier).

Still, bid what you want and want what you’re awarded.

I upgraded for the money. I also upgraded because I love being a CA and it is the seemingly natural career progression we have all strived for. I also love being the one to set the tone, even though 99 out of 100 CAs I flew with were freaking fantastic and I never even worried about who I was going to fly with because the vast majority was great.

If BEEF can't even be honest with himself then he certainly can't be honest with people on a forum. Why the F would anyone upgrade and say money wasn't part of it lol... Of course money is part of it, it is a HUGE part of it! Why the hell would we take the responsibility otherwise?

How the hell can I show FOs pictures of Corvettes during recessions if I too am an FO...

Alaska can convert orders from -10 to -8 and -9 whenever they want. We just took delivery of a -9 yesterday. They are rolling in and they will continue to roll in.

Attached is the last 10Q filing and fleet plan. All public information. You tell me if we have a net loss or a net gain of aircraft at the end of the year. Not all of the deliveries this year were growth, several were fleet replacement.

I'm not trying to berate you dude but in one thread you come off as terrified about being downgraded and in another you hate being a captain and might voluntary downgrade. It's endlessly confusing.

These filings get revised down all the time. In 2022 Air Group reported there would be 260 mainline aircraft by the end of 2024.

It's weird how no one here will acknowledge there are massive issues at Boeing. We can't get replacement aircraft at a meaningful rate. At the very best we will get 60% of the deliveries we thought we would in 2024. 40% is much more realistic.

These filings get revised down all the time. In 2022 Air Group reported there would be 260 mainline aircraft by the end of 2024.

It's weird how no one here will acknowledge there are massive issues at Boeing. We can't get replacement aircraft at a meaningful rate. At the very best we will get 60% of the deliveries we thought we would in 2024. 40% is much more realistic.

Again though, you were flat out wrong about deliveries, about the freighter, and about the fleet in general. Nobody is saying there isn’t issues at Boeing. Literally nobody is saying that. Right now we are getting 1-2 airframes a month. That’s literally what’s happening. You just happen to live in perpetual doomsday thinking so you are expecting it to get worse so you can validate your paranoia and negative outlook on basically everything.

It is. Though it’s also getting pretty in-depth with pilot group detail and getting seemingly personal. Just made me wonder if there needs to be a dedicated forum section here, if AS didn’t have its own forum for pilots to rabble rabble 😂
Unfortunately it’s the same sad story. Beefy spews unfounded hate for his airline, contract, and/or pilot group. Someone dispels his rant with actual facts. He cries foul that he’s being called names and personally attacked. Sigh.

Last edited:
from the outside it doesn’t sound like AS is really in trouble, they have cash to pony up for a whole nother airline and are still taking deliveries. BA is behind on deliveries to everyone. doesn’t really sound like ‘we die unless we grow exactly as planned’ kind of scenario
spirit is downgrading/furloughing how many pilots with what % of their whole fleet grounded over the next 2 years (and no new deliveries with a business model in decline)?

Beef has some legitimate concerns in my opinion. Probably the chances of a reduction bid right now are higher than the chances of any sort or vacancy bid in the near term. That said I think it’s evident the union is working hard to avoid that scenario with the VRBO and EIL lines.
The merger has the potential to stagnate things further, there will be fleet reductions in the future, there is very little chance we operate anything more than two fleet types in the long term, and hopefully the Amazon flying goes away, because being tied to them is not a viable future for any pilot here or Hawaiian.
I’m junior in SEA, and I’ve had little more luck than Beef schedule wise, as has been pointing out there are some mechanisms in place now to increase the vacation footprint, inviolate days etc.

Back