Airport passengers to have 'naked' photos taken by full-body

Re: Airport passengers to have 'naked' photos taken by full-

Ok, since nobody else has said it yet, I will:

I don't care. Want to see me naked? I'm cool with it. I'll even give a big grin and thumbs up to the lucky screener who gets to see my balls in all their black and white x-rayish glory.

If I'm really in the mood for it, I might even loudly announce embarrassing questions, such as, "Do I need to remove my chastity belt for this???"

The possibilities for comedy are endless.

Or grab that "sexy" magazxine before you walk through, and give yer self a woody! I may not be as "fortunate" as other men, but I sure do please me. I am not ashamed of my man parts. If you wanna look, all you had to do was ask, or put me through that machine.

But this is still not the answer. Someone said earlier something about young girls going through. I think a pat down was in order there. If it were my daughter, O wpuld have been outraged. There needs to be an alternative. What ever happened to that sniffing machine?

When will you? When they're asking for you to turn in your guns?

-mini

I don't own any guns.

And I think it's a little overboard to compare these screening machines to an all out armed revolution.

As I said, there are plenty of things worth caring about in life, but for me, this isn't one of them.

As I said, there are plenty of things worth caring about in life, but for me, this isn't one of them.

When they came for the Jews, I did not speak, for I was not Jewish...

something along those lines.

I'm going to conceal a long hard object... :D Just for kicks.

RD

I don't own any guns.
Nor do I. The point is this is step one. That's step 10 or so. It's coming.

And I think it's a little overboard to compare these screening machines to an all out armed revolution.
Then you aren't paying attention.

I'd suggest China for you, then. They don't seem to care about basic human rights either.

-mini

Dealing with people at the airport, I can tell you I don't want that job.

When they came for the Jews, I did not speak, for I was not Jewish...

something along those lines.

Seriously? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

You just compared these machines to the holocaust?

Ok. I don't have a comeback for that one.

Seriously? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

You just compared these machines to the holocaust?

Ok. I don't have a comeback for that one.

I think he's going down the erosion of civil rights road, with that example.

This is for secondary screenings, right? And you have the option to do this or a traditional pat down? To a lot of people this is a lot less invasive than a pat down.

Nor do I. The point is this is step one. That's step 10 or so. It's coming.

Slippery slope fallacy.

Then you aren't paying attention.

Maybe not. Only time will tell. I'm not worried.

I'd suggest China for you, then. They don't seem to care about basic human rights either.

Well, I must admit, I *do* love stir fry.

Thankfully this issue does not compare to Chinese controls, so I won't be getting the really authentic stir fry any time soon.

I think he's going down the erosion of civil rights road, with that example.

Maybe so, but I still consider it a gross exaggeration.

There is also a device out there that doesnt show body parts, but it does however allow the person watching the screen to see body cavities. My teacher was telling us about a guy recently that tried to do a suicide bombing with less than a pound of explosives in his colon. Basically the same amount that blew up Pan Am 103.

Talk about explosive diarrhea!! Ba-dum *pssh* Thanks, I'll be here all week. be sure to tip the starving pilots.

Maybe so, but I still consider it a gross exaggeration.

yeah except slippery slope is not a fallacy when it comes to the constriction of civil liberties. its a historically proven fact. YOU CANNOT ARGUE THIS.

and yes, i have had the "Super Secret Sodomy Search" (your boarding pass says SSSS on it if youre selected for this nonsense) many times because i usually travel on day-of-purchase, one-way, no-checked-bags tickets.

i have never been given any "options"... simply told/ushered/physically herded into the machine.

oh but, i suppose i dont have anything to hide, so why should i care?? right? RIGHT?

:clap: enjoy your "security" theater.

yeah except slippery slope is not a fallacy when it comes to the constriction of civil liberties. its a historically proven fact. YOU CANNOT ARGUE THIS.

No it isn't, and yes I can.

uhhhh okay. examples? cite them please.

ok well then at what level is it sufficient to say we are "safe". how many liberties and how much freedom is okay to take away?

Compelling the populace to slowly surrender their rights in exchange for "security of the state" has been the tried and true method of almost every burgeoning autocracy and oligarchy in history.

uhhhh okay. examples? cite them please.

Internment camps for Japanese-Americans in California during World War II were established, then abolished. The Patriot Act after 9/11, parts of which have been repealed. I'm sure there are many more, but I'm not enough of a history buff to cite specifics.

What I do know is that just because a freedom is taken away does not mean it's gone for good. Nor does it mean other freedoms will be taken away.

Public opinions, public perceptions, politics, world events...so many factors play in to how these things go down. Nothing is set in stone. Nothing is absolutely irreversible. If it were, what would be the point in us having this conversation? Why don't you just give in to "The Man" now, since our society is obviously going down the wrong historical path?

Can you cite examples of why we are so certainly destined for a particular path, as evidenced by "historical fact"?

ok well then at what level is it sufficient to say we are "safe". how many liberties and how much freedom is okay to take away?

That's a never ending debate without a "right" answer. Apparently your view of the correct balance is different than mine.

holy CRAP so youre saying its OKAY to jail a group of people, as long as later we decide it was wrong and change it?

im here to speak as LOUDLY AS I CAN that its NEVER okay to do such a thing.

did nobody else notice what this thing is called?

rape is right in the name!

rapiscan 2000

I'm gunna go get a tatoo of a pistol sticking out of my waistband using some super metallic, extremely dense ink.. give the screener a heart attack..

Back