Airplane in my future

31, but could go down to about 29. Yeah, I know, its expensive, its not my choice on pricing :D

Its almost IFR cert though. Just would need another VOR and an ADF.

Why would you need an ADF? And why would you WANT one? If you were really desperate for one, you can probably pick one for about $5 on E-Bay...:laff:

I've never checked on insuring one, but why would a Maule be hard to insure. Fabric covered tailwheel?

same as any tail wheel I would assume. Although, airplanes that are marketed as "bush planes" (think Husky, Citabria Scouts, etc) usually have a higher accident rate, thus making the insurance premium higher. People land in places that they shouldnt with these types of airplanes

same as any tail wheel I would assume. Although, airplanes that are marketed as "bush planes" (think Husky, Citabria Scouts, etc) usually have a higher accident rate, thus making the insurance premium higher. People land in places that they shouldnt with these types of airplanes

Funny, I pay less for insurace on my Citabria than I do my car...

Would like to know waht people here think is a "high" premium for a single engine airplane.

Funny, I pay less for insurace on my Citabria than I do my car...

Would like to know waht people here think is a "high" premium for a single engine airplane.

I think it all comes down to how much tailwheel experience you have. In our Husky, it was initially about $2500 a year to insure me with about 15 hours of tailwheel time. now that I have over 100 hours in type, its about $1300... still more than my car insurance

Why would you need an ADF? And why would you WANT one? If you were really desperate for one, you can probably pick one for about $5 on E-Bay...:laff:

my instructor is old school and says we should put one in :buck:

I agree with you though, not really needed :rolleyes:

We've got a 150 for sale. Guarantee you it would be less than his 152.

Of course the engine is near run out, but if you want a cheap plane it will do the trick.

If it was me its gotta be a 4 seater, beable to do basic aerobatics ie spin, stall, maybe a loop, a tailwheel, and something i can throw floats or skis on. Not sure if there's something out there like that that won't break the bank.

=Jason-

Lol. Sleep on it first. I'd vote no.

Thought about it all winter. If I'm going to have to weather the economy up here (which looks more and more probable) I'm going to have to have something to have fun with in the winter. Airplane = way fun on skis or with skis.

I'm thinking Pacer right now.

Thought about it all winter. If I'm going to have to weather the economy up here (which looks more and more probable) I'm going to have to have something to have fun with in the winter. Airplane = way fun on skis or with skis.

Hehe, get something you can haul "wacky tobacki'" in to weather those tough times. You alaska's can have an ounce or something can't you?

Pat, I've got a friend who just bought a Pacer/150. He really likes it and carries four in it regularly. They are good airplanes and good performers. I think he paid around $30,000. Really nice airplane.

I've got a bunch of time in a 150hp Pacer. It was a very fun plane to fly. I took it into a 1300' strips with trees often with no problems. It will out perform an O-300 172 for much less money. The Pacer i flew was in perfect condition with 500 hours on the 0-320, it was sold for $35,000. I would hate to sit in the back seat for more than an hour though.

Alex.

I say get something like an RV-6/7 or an 8.. :)

Lots of good about them:

-Cheap to insure.
-Cheap to operate.
-Tons of people flying them.
-They come either with or without the sissy wheel
-Decent cruise speed.

I'd like to second that.
Im getting a job soon, to start saving up for the first kit of my RV-8.

I know of a nice Cherokee 180 that a guy just repo'd. Full IFR and less than 400SMOH and it can be had for under 30k. Very Decent airplane. PM me if interested and I will forward details.

Back