AirNet

Even the Air Med stuff they're doing? I thought they still had jets in PHX, LCK, TEB, and possibly DEN?
There is only one medevac jet with a fabled second on the way. Last I heard, it was down for inspection. The medevac crews fly to the podunk town the plane was in last and sit in a hotel for two weeks waiting for a call. So technically, you can be based anywhere.

Swedican said:
Even the Air Med stuff they're doing? I thought they still had jets in PHX, LCK, TEB, and possibly DEN?

There are 2 Lears parked at PHX. They haven't moved in months.

Man, do I miss that flying. I still remember getting in an argument with Paul (Lr captain) in TEB over the sequence I was supposed to depart as a Van driver as a floater. I had another Lear pilot confirm I was right. Lots of good memories and good to see some familiar faces. JJ did a good job on that video.

Wishing the best to all the employees still there.

Ran into an Airnet Lear crew the other night at RIC, as they were checking out our 36XR and its obnoxiously large tip tanks. We chatted for 5 min, where I asked them "so how's life at the 'net?" and they just kinda said "oh you know, same old same old."

Sad to see a lot of good people hitting the streets.

I interviewed at Airnet in March 2008 and got placed in the hiring pool. Craig Washka called me for a class date in July but I had to turn it down because of a prior commitment. Then they furloughed 1/3 of their pilots that September and I decided to move away from an aviation career. It's sad to see how the company has spiraled downwards ever since. When I interviewed, it seemed like a bustling, top-notch organization. I guess I was just a few years late because I would have loved to have the experience of night freight flying. Oh well....

I interviewed at Airnet in March 2008 and got placed in the hiring pool. Craig Washka called me for a class date in July but I had to turn it down because of a prior commitment. Then they furloughed 1/3 of their pilots that September and I decided to move away from an aviation career. It's sad to see how the company has spiraled downwards ever since. When I interviewed, it seemed like a bustling, top-notch organization. I guess I was just a few years late because I would have loved to have the experience of night freight flying. Oh well....
You must have been the interview group before me. I think I interviewed on April 1st or 2nd 2008. Basically the exact same outcome as you.

Any updates? I heard they laid off another round of crews. Sucks for those guys/gals that hit the streets with zero notice.

I learned a lot when flying there...both good and bad. Kinda sad to see them slowly circle the bowl.

Looks like AMF is buying a different company first. I think most people were thinking that they would pick up AirNet. Maybe they are waiting for it to die off a little more.

Back