AirNet

So with SUS being the 'new hub' I am guessing there is a 'lot' of flying out of there? Is it one of the more junior places to be based? If I could get an SUS route pretty easily I would be interested in working here for a little bit.

I think there are 1 or 2 reserve openings at SUS, but I could be wrong. The bases are all determined about what is open, and nothing is really junior or senior. Places only open up once someone moves/leaves.

I posted in this thread about this around 2 weeks ago, but nobody was able to answer my question so I'll ask it again. Are there any classes planned in the near future? I've had my resume in for a while and updated it a few times. People were saying they were in bad need of pilots, yet I haven't heard a peep out of them.

I posted in this thread about this around 2 weeks ago, but nobody was able to answer my question so I'll ask it again. Are there any classes planned in the near future? I've had my resume in for a while and updated it a few times. People were saying they were in bad need of pilots, yet I haven't heard a peep out of them.

Try to get in touch with Bill White and ask him about upcoming classes and if your resume specifically is competitive.

I don't know about future classes, but I know there is one going on right now if that helps out any..

Can anyone flying for AirNet give me an idea about the company. I have an interview with them next week, and just want to learn as much as I can about it. It looks like they have one class starting next week, and a couple scheduled for Feb. Apparently they are trying to get people in MCO and TPA.

I'm assuming those locations would be in the C210.

I don't work at airnet but it is pretty clear that they are slowly dying.

I'm assuming those locations would be in the C210.

I don't work at airnet but it is pretty clear that they are slowly dying.

Yeah, the C210 and Barons.

That's sort of the impression I got. But haven't they just picked up a bunch of Flight Express flying?

Flight Express and Airnet are the same company. I just received my first decline letter. One more and I'm off the furlough list.

Flight Express and Airnet are the same company. I just received my first decline letter. One more and I'm off the furlough list.

Mike, what are the rules regarding furloughs? It never applied to me(I just resigned outright) but just kind of wondering where I would have been with all of that had I done things a little differently.

Mike, what are the rules regarding furloughs? It never applied to me(I just resigned outright) but just kind of wondering where I would have been with all of that had I done things a little differently.
Basically you're on the list and retain your seniority. You have two opportunities to bypass recall. After so you are eligible for rehire but no seniority.

Yeah, the C210 and Barons.

That's sort of the impression I got. But haven't they just picked up a bunch of Flight Express flying?
Those bases are Flight Express (or what used to be Flight Express) bases. You'd be flying the 210 90% of the time with an occasional charter in the baron 10% of the time or less. My run takes me through MCO and TPA, good people there. Right now all the FLX guys are being brought onto Airnet's certificate, and going through Airnet initial training. The hiring now is for FLX guys leaving. I think I heard 6 quit in one week a little while ago, and I'm sure others have since then.

As far as the slowly dying, I'm not sure. We've been picking up a couple contracts here and there, and there's been some changes going on with pay and schedule. I have a feeling (and some evidence) they're going to try to use the 210's as much as possible to reduce costs. But predicting the future is above my pay grade, and I'm not looking to stay here long term anyway.

Those bases are Flight Express (or what used to be Flight Express) bases. You'd be flying the 210 90% of the time with an occasional charter in the baron 10% of the time or less. My run takes me through MCO and TPA, good people there. Right now all the FLX guys are being brought onto Airnet's certificate, and going through Airnet initial training. The hiring now is for FLX guys leaving. I think I heard 6 quit in one week a little while ago, and I'm sure others have since then.

As far as the slowly dying, I'm not sure. We've been picking up a couple contracts here and there, and there's been some changes going on with pay and schedule. I have a feeling (and some evidence) they're going to try to use the 210's as much as possible to reduce costs. But predicting the future is above my pay grade, and I'm not looking to stay here long term anyway.
Are they still dropping the lears as they come up for expensive MX?

Are they still dropping the lears as they come up for expensive MX?
Well when i was in columbus for indoc last july they were doing a major inspection on one. They seem to be in cost cutting mode now, though so im not sure.

I keep hearing they're still looking for pilots, is this still true? I've applied a few times and heard nothing.

Back