AirNet

Got rid of a ton of the Lears, meaning no upgrades anywhere. The meet, last time I heard, was in Chicago, and no longer in the multi-million dollar hub they built in CMH. People stuck in a rut, with no end in sight, from what I've heard. From the sounds of it, even worse than after 9/11. All with reduced pay, and work going to a "sister company".

Got rid of a ton of the Lears, meaning no upgrades anywhere. The meet, last time I heard, was in Chicago, and no longer in the multi-million dollar hub they built in CMH. People stuck in a rut, with no end in sight, from what I've heard. From the sounds of it, even worse than after 9/11. All with reduced pay, and work going to a "sister company".
^this.

The hub is at SUS now and nearly half of the hub fights are subbed out now.

During my tenure, there was an initial drive to seek representation. One of the organizers had good contacts at the Teamsters and they said they would support our efforts. Unfortunately, the majority of pilots were afraid to support representation efforts as management threatened to shut the operation down if a union came on property.

Just think if Airnet was union. There would have been no subbing out of runs to lower cost operators.

Also, DHL approached Airnet (US Check) to operate for them their fleet of Metro Expediters. USC said thanks, but no thanks. DHL subsequently went to Ameriflight and awarded them the flying. Just think of what could have happened if USC (Airnet) would have gotten into the express feeder business back in the late 80s?

During my tenure, there was an initial drive to seek representation. One of the organizers had good contacts at the Teamsters and they said they would support our efforts. Unfortunately, the majority of pilots were afraid to support representation efforts as management threatened to shut the operation down if a union came on property.

Just think if Airnet was union. There would have been no subbing out of runs to lower cost operators.

Also, DHL approached Airnet (US Check) to operate for them their fleet of Metro Expediters. USC said thanks, but no thanks. DHL subsequently went to Ameriflight and awarded them the flying. Just think of what could have happened if USC (Airnet) would have gotten into the express feeder business back in the late 80s?
Yea, there's hardly enough pilots there to justify a union now. The ownership would sub everything out if that happened. All of the UPS work that Airnet had was underbid by a certain low-cost caravan operator that we all know and love.

Yea, there's hardly enough pilots there to justify a union now. The ownership would sub everything out if that happened. All of the UPS work that Airnet had was underbid by a certain low-cost caravan operator that we all know and love.

Who is that?

I live in Columbus, looking for work, and saw around 6 caravans on the ramp at KLCK. Kind of interested in applying for them, but I heard they just move you around.

I live in Columbus, looking for work, and saw around 6 caravans on the ramp at KLCK. Kind of interested in applying for them, but I heard they just move you around.

I lived in seven different cities while I was there. But all my moves were voluntary to either get a better run or to upgrade.

You should apply. I like i here.

Back