Airlines be hirin'

G

Airlines be hirin\'

The airlines are in a hiring frenzy right now from Pan Am. we stand to lose like 20 instructors this month. Maybe more. Sky west hired 3, American E. hired 3-5, and Mesaba is looking at 10-20.

Anyone looking from other flight schools, how is it going, hiring wise, for you guys?

Re: Airlines be hirin\'

FSI is losing guys to Airnet, Eagle, Express Jet, Air Wisconsin, Chataqua, Commutair and ASA will be hiring again soon. Eagle is looking to start a bridge as well.

Glad to hear things are going well over there too!!!

The airlines are hiring for everybody again, not just Pan Am. To say they are exclusively coming from Pan Am is propoganda.

[ QUOTE ]
The airlines are hiring for everybody again, not just Pan Am. To say they are exclusively coming from Pan Am is propoganda.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude... You really have issues... I am pretty sure that shortfinal was NOT claiming that ONLY people from Pan Am are getting hired!! Sheesh!!!! He was making a simple statement, that hiring was picking up speed, and that Pan Am had a large number in the pool.

Someday you are going to have to knock that chip off your shoulder. It is very unbecoming...

If you are trying to get into the interview pool, I sincerely wish you Good Luck!

J.

Yep, that's right guys bring on the personal insults just like you always do! It only took about what 20 minutes that time and I haven't made a post in the Pan Am thread for a month or two now! Keep up that awesome professionalism!

I heard that Mesaba picked up 17 pilots this week from Pan Am. I hope this is true!

It looks like it only took 20 minutes for mav to jump in and try to ruin everybody's positivity. I don't care how many hours someone has or how badly pilots are needed, people don't hire jerks.

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, that's right guys bring on the personal insults just like you always do! It only took about what 20 minutes that time and I haven't made a post in the Pan Am thread for a month or two now! Keep up that awesome professionalism!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck w/ that Chip... I can see that it is firmly attached. Quite unfortunate, really.... :-(

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone looking from other flight schools, how is it going, hiring wise, for you guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

Repeated and in bold for mav.

So mav, is your school looking at around 1/4 of the instructor base finding jobs in one month?

From what I understand, it looks like we had 16 of 19 get hired by Mesaba. Shortfinal/Panamguy might have more accurate numbers. I just know it was a pretty good ratio of interviewees/hiree...

I am just excited to see some significant movement in the hiring realm!!

Lets just hope the trend just continues to pick up speed when those of us still in the training phase get to the hiring phase!

Don't you guys realize how idiotic and unprofessional you look when you throw out insults like that? (Anything to avoid the real subject--the facts at Pan Am). There's no more instructors getting hired from Pan Am than at any other place, and anybody who tells you otherwise is shoveling BS.

However, I'm sure Pan Am puts in its glossy advertisements that # get hired each month. Well, hopefully there is some number getting hired as many instructors as there are at the Arizona and the Florida campus! However, many of the Pan Am instructors I've run into in Phoenix said they quit working at Pan Am because of the long instructor wait (no job at Pan Am for a long time after you graduate, like what happened to the Flying Turkey on here) and an unbelievable amount of time instructing in Frascas. Frasca 141 time, not really what the airlines are looking for.

Mav, nobody has said that only PanAm grads are being hired. We are only expressing our glee with the current hiring frenzy and this expression of glee happened to be started by someone at PanAm. I'm sure there is an equal proportion of instructors being hired everywhere.

Back on topic...
The rumor was that Mesaba came to DVT to hire up to 16 pilots. I've heard names thrown at me, but I haven't taken a count of the names I've heard or seen the official hired list.

This hiring frenzy took away almost all the senior instructors. There are not many stage check pilots or 2-year CFIs left. It will be a good test for the newly minted stage check pilots to take the leadership role.

There are 17 instructors in Indoc this week and several finishing their checkouts this week, so it looks like the total number of instructors will only drop by a few. The instructing wait just dropped, some of the instructors in Indoc finished the program just last week!

You know, the interesting thing is that if you were to remove mav's posts, this would actually be a very positive post!! How rare for the Pan Am thread!!

Anyway, I spoke w/ one 4 bar today and I think he said it was 16 for 19. It will be different no longer seeing the "old wood" drifting around dispatch! :)

Any idea what the class dates will be for this group!

You know what would be cool..?? If the school would through celebratory BBQ for the group that is moving on. This is the first real significant movement and thus should be celebrate!! I hope the school doesn't just let them move on, business as usual...That would be unfortunate...

I am very curious to see what has been happening other parts of the country. So many people have been waiting for the dam to break, and hopefully this is the first major crack!

I think I'd kinda miss mav if we couldn't depend on his ridiculous comebacks to every piece of positive info that comes along.
As far as professionalism, no one likes of tight a$$ little twerp who's gonna gripe about everything. Even in the professional world, people get jobs and keep jobs because they're good people that a company likes having around. Basically, this mav guy is one of those kids who never got accepted by any group in high school, and now he's panicking because he's finding out that the real world works the same way.
Best of luck to ya chief

I just find it hard to imagine going through life with such an intense "chip on my shoulder"!!

I always find it interesting how fast he can come back the "You guys are so unprofessional!!" line.

I have an idea.. Lets just not acknowledge him anymore, and do our best to keep this thread positive and encouraging to all who visit. What d'ya say??

sometimes I just can't resist making fun of stressed out people like mav, but I'll give it a shot

[ QUOTE ]
I have an idea.. Lets just not acknowledge him anymore, and do our best to keep this thread positive and encouraging to all who visit. What d'ya say??

[/ QUOTE ] Dude, we should do a poll on it

I am game, but I bet he would just vote for himself a whole bunch just so he could say how professional "everyone" must think he is!! :)

Back