Airline pay and Obama

And yet this country has - over the past 60 years - seen the largest wealth distribution from the working class to the non-working class in this country. Salaries and wages of low to middle class wage earners have stayed relatively flat, while executive and management salaries have tripled and some even seeing a ten time increase in salaries when compared to comparable positions during the 1940's, 50's, and 60's. You telling me THEY deserve it more, while the low and middle class wage earners are stuck eating #### and watching any increase in productivity rewarded with "Oh, nope no raise this year - sorry"

Give me a break about Redistribution of wealth. It's okay one direction (down up), but heaven forbid it is done from the Up down.

While I do agree welfare programs are ABUSED, they do serve a purpose. Go after those who abuse it, not the programs.

As far as lowering taxes, what specific taxes would you like to see lowered? Let's start with specifics. It's easy to rant and rave about lower taxes. . .but really. . .

Considering how much the generations that have been running this country prior to mine, I'm not so clueless to think that I want MY KIDS paying for my generation's failed domestic monetary policies.

We are fighting a war, have a huge ass national deficit, and need a balanced budget. Taxes MUST increase to pay for these things. Or, we start chipping away at the programs that are costing a hell of a lot of money (namely Defense).

I'm tired of my parents and grandparents' decisions being charged on MY visa card for ME and my children to pay for.

As far as an incentive to work; how about a minimum wage that when going towards a 40 hour work week pays out more than unemployment? Gee - what an idea.

Uhhh Obama isn't going to help at ALL with the national deficit. It's not part of his agenda...balanced budget! Ha!! The guy has more important things to worry about. You really think he is going to single handedly in his presidency save our economy, reduce the national deficit, balance our budget, create millions of more jobs while increasing pay and increasing the overall standard of living? I don't buy it, but I agree he's better than Bush or McCain.

In your remarks about the poor I don't believe in some of the salaries of these top execs, but lets face it the poor have always been...well poor. What makes you think Obama's philosophy is going to change things? Why should those that make a good income who already pay a significant amount in taxes be forced to give more of their tax dollars away? The top 5% of the income bracket of this country also donate by far the most to charities and non profits. Oh its there obligation you feel? But why should they have any obligation when the federal government can just take more of their money and give it away to new Obamahappy govermnent programs? Obama's "we're all entitled because were Americans" universal health care plan? The welfare check of 16 year old billy who dropped out of high school and sits on his @$$ playing xbox all day? You mentioned that people abuse welfare checks and they should be held accountable? Well what system do you have in place to figure that one out and hold all these people accountable? I think the system is very flawed and Im skeptical of most people on welfare and their purposes. I see its original intent, but I also can see right through it in regards to what many folks actually use it for.

I leave you with two quotes by the great Abe Lincoln, "You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich." and " You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves."

Ah, now I get it. So, you are a furloughed airline pilot just wishes everyone else would take a paycut so you could keep your job.

No, I am not a furloughed airline pilot. Never said I was, just thought you were making wild assumptions.

I feel like I'm arguing with a 5th grader. :banghead:

Yup. . .so now I have two people that I really can not stand to read, much less respond to.

I'm convinced that BillH is nothing more than a high school student who listens to too much Rush Limbaugh.

About BillH <dl class="list_no_decoration profilefield_list"><dt class="shade">Location</dt><dd>Miami</dd><dt class="shade">Ratings</dt><dd>CFI / CFII / MEI</dd><dt class="shade">Flight Time</dt><dd>600 / 200</dd><dt class="shade">Industry Sector</dt><dd>Instruction</dd><dt class="shade">Aircraft Type</dt><dd>PA44</dd><dt class="shade">Interests</dt><dd>woman</dd></dl>

There's his problem right there..... he's only interested in "woman". One, uno, ett. Not living up to the pilot dream there man!

Well I'm convinced he suffers from the same issue as far leftists do..... it doesn't matter what good someone has done, it can't possibly be their doing because their views don't coincide with one another. We truly need to look beyond a persons "tag" of (D) or (R) and start voting for the candidate, not the party. I think I'm going to re-register as independent so I can wreak havoc in both party primaries. :D

Wow, we agree on something. :)

I am going to make an admission on the forum here that might get a bit of flame but I'm willing to take it. I wanted Obama to be President. However, when it came right down to it, I abstained from voting. Why? Because I didn't feel that I had done enough research to make an educated decision on who the best candidate would be for President. Yes, I could have done the research, I could have laid my personal issues aside (relocating during the election season) and studied up on it, but I didn't. So, since I didn't have a well-rounded background on each candidate, I felt the best move would not to be to "vote in the blind". To me, that is too high-school.

I appreciate your honesty. Far too many people vote without becoming educated on the issues. That was the main reason I didn't start voting until after I became a military officer and "got more involved".

I'm clearly not an Obama supporter, but he's going to be the/my Commander in Chief and it is, what it is. As an Army Officer, I have taken an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States and obey the orders of the President.

Lets' see what he can do with the power that is going to be invested to him. If he takes our great nation to the far left, at least I retire next year and move on to the civilian sector, regardless.

Using a line from Charlie Wilson's War, "We'll see".

Know what amazes me?

The nonsensical rantings with no basis in facts that come from some people. And then they whine when you say they are wrong and show them facts that prove it.

They'll say it's just your opinion that I'm wrong.

No, it's not.

You're just wrong. And the facts say so. If you can't deal with that, it's not my problem.

Take, for example, the position that keeps on getting repeated about how tax cuts increase revenues. It's total bullcrap. The former head of Bush's council of economic advisers even wrote a chapter in his intro to economics textbook that said it's not true.

Yet you keep on hearing that lie repeated and when you tell people they're wrong, they say, well, that's just your opinion.

Or take the "unions are bad, m'kay" line. It's bullcrap as well, because all you have to do is take a look at Southwest.

But you keep on hearing certain people rant and rave about how it handicaps management and destroys companies EVEN THOUGH THERE IS PROOF THIS IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE.

Unfortunately, more and more of the "discussion" here consists of that kind of nonsense.

A discussion with my cats about quantum mechanics would be more productive.

Take, for example, the position that keeps on getting repeated about how tax cuts increase revenues. It's total bullcrap. The former head of Bush's council of economic advisers even wrote a chapter in his intro to economics textbook that said it's not true.

Right now I wouldn't be quoting a former head of Bush's council of economic advisers as an SME. You see where that got him, don't you.

Cutting taxes without cutting spending, will do nothing but increase debt.

previous post with multiple quotes

Not really sure why I was quoted.

Mind explaining?

Everyone else's quote has something related to BillH's perceived experience level, yet mine is regarding that now I have found two people on the forum to ignore due to various reasons.

Not really sure why I was quoted.

Mine explaining?

Everyone else's quote has something related to BillH's perceived experience level, yet mine is regarding that now I have found two people on the forum to ignore due to various reasons.
Accident - got quote happy.

Mine explaining. . .how about Mind explaining. ;)

I know how you are Ian, especially when you have one too many to drink. . .you go quote happy. It's all good, it's much better than how I act. ;)

Mine explaining. . .how about Mind explaining. ;)

I know how you are Ian, especially when you have one too many to drink. . .you go quote happy. It's all good, it's much better than how I act. ;)
Hey! I posted that at 1649 on a Monday! There was 11 whole minutes left before I could start drinking! ;)

If personal finances were run the way the country's finances were run the past 6-7 years, the White House and Capitol Hill would have collections agencies calling at all hours of the day. Seriously. Either that, or they would have already been through the collections process, in and out of court and have had some sort of judgement brought against them. Period. I'm looking for more fiscal responsibility and a SMARTER way of spending my tax dollars. Fighting a war on the other side of the world that is looking more and more like a stalemate every day is NOT my idea of spending tax dollars smartly. I'd rather see that money spent on education to bring new generations of Americans up to world standards in math and science so THEY can solve the world's problems rather than looking to China and India for help. I'd rather see that money used towards research funding for alternative fuels to get the crutch stamped "Middle East" out from under our arms. McCain, to me, just promised more of the same policies that I didn't agree with.

And, how is it possible this has stayed in General Topics this long? :)

Back