Airbus pilots please help... :)

wow! I go away for a day and come back to the storm of the century!

<running for cover>

Well, all I can say is: ILS at Poughkeepsie was working just fine last night, except my instructor spilled ALL of his coffee on me as we were performing the published missed.

THIS is an example of what you must still go through Cory before you savor the Airbusses, which I must add, HAVE A PLACE TO HOLD COFFEE. And you will have FUN, it will be REWARDING, and it will prepare you for the FDU/MCD/FMS stuff.

But on the computer, it still is fun to get a taste of it now. Especially when no one is around to spill the coffee...

[ QUOTE ]
In particular, you owe A300Capt an apology post haste.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, what did I do wrong? Absolutely nothing! I asked a questions, I don't give a damn how old I am, or what types of paper I carry in my wallet.

It's simple, I asked a question, so what if it is too far ahead of my time, and I need to learn thins before, this is just a hobby of mine. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'll save the hard work for when it counts, I just wanted to know more.

Give it a freaking break. I've simple had enough.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's learning if you're doing it correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ A300Capt, I've learned to do many things wrong rather then right, so is that "doing it correctly".

There is not right or wrong when it comes to learning, people learn the right way to do things, and the wrong way, afterall, how did we get here today? By doing everything correctly? Or simply screwing up a couple times?

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason they think you should apologize is because it sounds here that you're telling A300capt off.
What you think you said is, "Making mistakes helps one learn through experience."
What they're hearing you say is "I'm right and you're an idiot, obviously I know more then you."

Incidentally, what A300Capt was saying is, "If you learn the wrong THING (not way) then you'll have to unlearn it later and learn the correct procedure (IE turn mags off before pulling out the mixture = wrong)"

Just my perspective on the ordeal

Back