Air Wagner

Understandably some -not blocked- youtube comments expressed concern about his choice to slow down to stall horn on a actual departure.

Exactly as expected he defends and deflects:
"Not Hardly, we were at 2900 MSL which was 1500 AGL, plenty of altitude for a departure stall, not sure I would demonstrate a power off stall at that altitude, THANKS FOR RIDING ALONG"

Robert does not even realize he is tarnishing his reputation by being in continued proximity to this imbicile.

He does some airwork right after takeoff on climb out. Stalls. Unusual attitudes. Its sloppy but.....he didnt die. To Jerry is there such a thing as an unusual attitude? That is his usual attittude.

I watched that one. I’m literally thinking “Man, you’re a nightmare!”

My MEI was thinking, full power-on stall, well below ”red line”, low altitude, man if he chugs an engine he’s going to get about half a rotation before he really effs up someone’s picnic.

Uh...................................a future FAR is going to be written for Jerry.

Air Wagner.jpg

Used to be, flying piston you had no choice but to fly in uncontrolled airspace, at least in western states. Lot of it in NM, NV and AZ extended to 14,500. If you stayed on the airways it was controlled but between airways it was uncontrolled. As an ATC'er we occasionally gave clearances that ended with "While in controlled airspace".

Took my instrument written in '78, there was a question about changing altitudes while in uncontrolled airspace. The correct answer was; You must return to your assigned altitude before reentering controlled airspace.

Other than the 700'/1200' AGL stuff, I don't think you'll find uncontrolled airspace in the lower 48 anymore. It was still in AZ and NM extending to 14,500' as late as 2005.

That patch near SJN is the last one that still exists in the lower 48 IIRC.

I'll suggest that was on the Cherokee for calling a left base turn around the time when he should have been pretty big in their windscreen.

That being said, a few minutes before that ATC calls traffic 12'oclock low and he responds with "looking" before immediately dropping his head into the MFD to continue his narration.
There were two in the pattern. The Cherokee was DW turning base. The other aircraft almost head-on was upwind.

Back