Age 21 requirement

Well, according to your details, you're something having to do with an "rj." My suggestion is you ask one of your solo FAs. You may or may not want to get back to me after that.

Not only have I asked one of my solo f/a's, I'm pretty good friends with several of them. Not only are the people pretty good most of the time, most f/a's at my company prefer to fly the 200 so they don't have to deal w/ another f/a. That is pretty telling that they'd rather work harder with the pax than deal with another f/a. If you are a wide body, international flight attendant, I could see an issue every flight, but for a skyw f/a, not a chance. Most flights will be a short duration and they are on-time most of the time.

In my opinion, the quality of the f/a is the biggest factor. I have had multiple flights where people have walked out and dang near everyone thanked the f/a by name and said what a wonderful flight. I have also had other flights where people walk off and don't say much. Some locations tend to have more difficult pax (NYC) than other areas. Of course when you are late, or have mx issues, or divert, then that causes problem with pax, but on a normal flight where the weather is good and the plane is on-time, there are very few problems.

Don't over dramatize the situation. If you are experiencing 'difficult situations on virtually EVERY flight' that an 18-20 year old is not mature enough to handle, then perhaps you are part of the problem.

Not only have I asked one of my solo f/a's, I'm pretty good friends with several of them. Not only are the people pretty good most of the time, most f/a's at my company prefer to fly the 200 so they don't have to deal w/ another f/a. That is pretty telling that they'd rather work harder with the pax than deal with another f/a. If you are a wide body, international flight attendant, I could see an issue every flight, but for a skyw f/a, not a chance. Most flights will be a short duration and they are on-time most of the time.

In my opinion, the quality of the f/a is the biggest factor. I have had multiple flights where people have walked out and dang near everyone thanked the f/a by name and said what a wonderful flight. I have also had other flights where people walk off and don't say much. Some locations tend to have more difficult pax (NYC) than other areas. Of course when you are late, or have mx issues, or divert, then that causes problem with pax, but on a normal flight where the weather is good and the plane is on-time, there are very few problems.

Don't over dramatize the situation. If you are experiencing 'difficult situations on virtually EVERY flight' that an 18-20 year old is not mature enough to handle, then perhaps you are part of the problem.

First of all, flyboy, I WAS a FA on a regional based in EWR, so know of where I speak. Funny how I was thanked on 99% of my flights by pax who appreciated good service and not taking BS that not only was against a FAR, but annoyed fellow pax as well. There are also medical issues that pop up as well such as nervous fliers, people with disabilities, unaccompanied minors, those who don't speak English, etc. etc. Oh yeah, and some pax are just obnoxious and spoiled and think rules and regulations don't apply to them. Perhaps you don't have that type on the West Coast. In EWR, delays were a daily occurance and having to placate the pax was no easy feat. I worked with (and supervised) more than a few 18 year old FAs who were not confident enough to be able to put forth an appearance of being in control of some situations. So I don't get bashed AGAIN, some were excellent at it, some weren't. Some older FAs were unable to handle said situations as well. I'll say it, at 18 I was nowhere near confident enough to tell a person older than my parents to do or not do something. It's a maturity thing.

But, I guess you know all about that working at SkyWest where everything seems to be rosy all the time.

Once again, the same problem I was talking about on another thread this week: pilots not respecting other labor groups. Serious problem within our profession. How 'bout everyone show a little respect for the FAs, rampers, gate agents, etc. All of us are blue collar laborers. No reason to demean another group.

Once again, the same problem I was talking about on another thread this week: pilots not respecting other labor groups. Serious problem within our profession. How 'bout everyone show a little respect for the FAs, rampers, gate agents, etc. All of us are blue collar laborers. No reason to demean another group.

Ya think? :whatever:

You might want to visit the General Topics forum where once again some JC studs are discussing the quality of American FAs.

No one was demeaning another group. She mentioned that an 18 year old wasn't mature enough to handle difficult situations that occur every flight. I just mentioned that I didn't think that was the case.

Another problem we have in the pilot community, pilots not respecting other pilots. People paying thousands to sit right seat in a 1900. Everytime I go down to Florida, I hear more gulf flights than I can count. Serious problem in our profession.

How do you think older people like me feel when we have a sneaking suspicion we're turned down for a job due to our age?

Probably the same way that I felt when I was turned down at both Compass and Air Wisconsin... (after nailing both interviews) with a sneaking suspicion that it was because I'm a bit 'stocky' these days. But, the good news is that even though I'm furloughed I am already 15 lbs down with 20 lbs to go.

Collective deep breath everyone.

Quit the snippy namecalling and chill out a bit please.

Back