Aerial Cremation...question for a commercial pilot?

Flying had a pretty good article on this recently.
http://www.flyingmag.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=842

I always thought this was a weird rule. I suppose it wouldn't be a problem over the open ocean. I wonder if you can still technically get fined for littering even if you don't violate the FAR. I know it's a stretch. ;)

Back after high school, a friend and I (always the pranksters) decided a cool thing to do would be fly over our former high school and spread some "propaganda". We read all the FARs and did everything legal...according to the FAA. Well, after about a month, I was arrested for "littering on public property". It almost kept me from coming in the AF!!!! The pilot in question that "assisted us" had his ticket suspended for busting the min altitude even though there was NO PROOF of our altitude!!!

Anyway, the newspaper article headline said "High Flying Duo Faces Charges". It was SOOOOO worth the $200 fine! :)

in this era of paranoia....white powder (i.e. your flour idea) exiting an airplane may well cause a serious panic. Either cover up your N number or do it over an empty beach.
lol? Who would panic? Who would see it? By the time the flour arrived on the ground, it would have well dissipated into an extremely wide area.

Back