furthering the wonderment about @form810
Still not getting "your own" language?

Speak two languages? Bilingual.

Three? Tri-lingual.

One? "Murican!"

You??

How's that? Do you understand that?

Please, oh please, just say yes.

My number one sought quality in a pilot is person who owns and states his/her own screwups. In aviation, dishonesty kills.

Anytime I see somebody cruising in the left lane around here, they usually have Oregon plates.
WA drivers are pretty bad too though. Maybe worse than OR as a whole.
jerry-jones-cowboys.gif

The drivers here are effing awful.

I am under no legal obligation to “get out of your way” in most places if I’m operating at the speed limit
I still don’t understand why I should quote “get out of your way” unquote if the speed limit is, say, 70, and I’m cracking on at that speed or even beyond

Tell me you've never driven in Europe without telling me you've never driven in Europe

If you camp out in the fast lane, you will get pulled over

Tell me you've never driven in Europe without telling me you've never driven in Europe

If you camp out in the fast lane, you will get pulled over

Yeah, sorry @Autothrust Blue I think your opinion *can* be wrong depending on the circumstance, or it could just as easily be right. If you are in the left lane, and there are a whole bunch of people in the right lane going much slower and you are actively passing, no problem. Maybe get over at the next convenient stretch of open space to let those who want to go faster get along. I certainly don't expect someone who is actively passing someone, to immediately and awkwardly get over and then slow down. But what I'm super not cool with, is a person that is in the left lane, matching the pace of the right lane, and actively not passing. This is the scenario where "left is for passing" comes into play. If you can't make progress, get over and let the people who will, get on by. Not saying this is you, but there are a lot of super inconsiderate people out there who I am pretty sure are thinking to themselves "this is the FAST lane, and I'm going plenty fast at the speed limit"......nah, it isn't and you aren't. Again, not saying you do this. I understand your point if the speed limit is enough to keep the flow around the right lane(s) going. All of this is kind of a silly discussion though, because it is super easy to move over to the right. I aggressively do it while going 80 up I-5. Anytime I have finished passing people, I immediately get over, even if it is only for 20 seconds before I reach the next group of cars in the right lane to pass. I do this regardless of whether or not anyone is approaching in the left. I feel like an incredibly rude • if I am in the left lane for no particular reason. I'll admit that I attach an outsized judgement of human character, and worth in life, based on vehicular courtesy. If you are in the left lane for 10 miles going the exact same speed as the person in the right, there is no lower form of life, other than maybe pedos. Regardless of the speed involved. The irrational ego is on full display. I have no time for people who are emotional and self centered.

I am driving a lot of highway right now, and my personal favorite is a truck going 65 passing a truck that is going 64. Get comfortable folks, we're going to be here awhile.

I didn't see any stop signs.

Driving is hilarious. Everyone blames other states for driving bad.

"Oh, he went from the passing lane across five lanes to the exit, freaking Chicago driver!"
"That guy didn't stop at the stop light, NOOO YARKERS!"
"They're driving so slow… This ain't freakin' Sun City people!"

But on the video, nah, that's not a California thing at all. Probably more rural if anything,

I am driving a lot of highway right now, and my personal favorite is a truck going 65 passing a truck that is going 64. Get comfortable folks, we're going to be here awhile.
My least favorite is going through the mountains because absolutely nobody uses cruise control or has any concept of speed control. So I’ll pass someone doddling up the hill, clueless to the fact they need more throttle to get up it, only for them to end up on my bumper going downhill doing 85+. Rinse repeat for every elevation change.

Interesting, something that Nevada, Ohio and North Carolina have “correct,” at least from my view.

I still don’t understand why I should quote “get out of your way” unquote if the speed limit is, say, 70, and I’m cracking on at that speed or even beyond it (by unspoken mutual agreement, everyone in these suburbs seems to do 5-10 over). “MUH ROAD RAGE” is not a valid reason if you’re doing 15+ over a 70mph limit, and in this case I would recommend both leaving earlier for work and switching to decaf. :)

I should state, too, I have quite different views on freeway driving (as fast as is permissible or safe) versus around town (take it easy, there are people, me included, walking).

So a few years back our chocolate lab collapsed in our front yard. I heard the wife yelling, ran outside, tossed him in the back of the crosstrek and drove as quickly as I could to the nearest vet. Along the way, I encountered a vehicle with a similar outlook as yours. Despite my hazards, flashing lights, and short panicked honks (not a long F U honk) she did not move.

He probably wouldn’t have made it anyway, but it could have made a difference.

So a few years back our chocolate lab collapsed in our front yard. I heard the wife yelling, ran outside, tossed him in the back of the crosstrek and drove as quickly as I could to the nearest vet. Along the way, I encountered a vehicle with a similar outlook as yours. Despite my hazards, flashing lights, and short panicked honks (not a long F U honk) she did not move.

He probably wouldn’t have made it anyway, but it could have made a difference.
😢

And to summarize, how hard is it to pass the people on the right, and then get over? Where i commute, it could literally mean the difference between you having an unremarkable drive, and being gunned down (there have been dozens in the last number of years) or causing a road rage incident and massive multi-car pile up. Your choice i guess

And to summarize, how hard is it to pass the people on the right, and then get over? Where i commute, it could literally mean the difference between you having an unremarkable drive, and being gunned down (there have been dozens in the last number of years) or causing a road rage incident and massive multi-car pile up. Your choice i guess

Interesting difference between driving on I-95 in Florida, which as mentioned elsewhere, seems to be always done at the maximum possible vehicle speed, in a Deathrace 2k/MadMax (the original) kind of way, and I-85 in Georgia/Alabama, where people just seem to be noodling down the road every which way, in more of a overweight hamster race kind of way.

Interesting difference between driving on I-95 in Florida, which as mentioned elsewhere, seems to be always done at the maximum possible vehicle speed, in a Deathrace 2k/MadMax (the original) kind of way, and I-85 in Georgia/Alabama, where people just seem to be noodling down the road every which way, in more of a overweight hamster race kind of way.

Yeah, I'll caveat my comments with the fact that they are based on normal people drivers in the PNW. I've lived in FL and socal, and VA for that matter. It is a special kind of suicidal ideation from those people.

Back