AA TA?

But they got the type, so I guess they got something for their money.
Until you have an interview with a fairly nice job and the guy notices you have a 737 type rating but 0 time in type -- at that point I would say it becomes quickly a negative asset. He/She immediately knows and understands where you would rather work and where you will jump ship to given a chance.

Until you have an interview and the guy notices you have a 737 type rating but 0 time in type -- at that point I would say it becomes quickly a negative asset.

If they don't fly 737's, why list that on a resume? Unless, of course, they ask for ALL types to be listed on an application.

I'm not even sure it shows aptitude survive ground school.

If they don't fly 737's, why list that on a resume? Unless, of course, they ask for ALL types to be listed on an application.

I'm not even sure it shows aptitude survive ground school.
I was thinking more along the lines of at the interview after they ask to see your certificate / medical.

SpiraMirabilis said:
Until you have an interview with a fairly nice job and the guy notices you have a 737 type rating but 0 time in type -- at that point I would say it becomes quickly a negative asset. He/She immediately knows and understands where you would rather work and where you will jump ship to given a chance.

I don't think that will be a concern at all going forward. No one in their right mind would leave a good job like Delta or United to go to SWA. Who wants to give up a legacy job to go somewhere that makes less in total compensation where there isn't any growth on the horizon at all? Where your upgrade time is 20+ years? SWA is yesterday's hot job, not today's. I don't think any interviewer at Delta would be worried that you're going to jump ship to SWA just because you have a 737 type.

Back