AA Jumpseat Procedural Clarification

I guarantee you if other airlines start giving AA jump seaters an issue the problem will be solved very quickly.

By going to the JS coordinator the hope is that nothing like this ever occurs. It does nothing to solve the issue at hand. I'm guessing you didn't mean it that way I just wanted to clarify for others.

AA loves to make things harder than they already are. In the time she/he took to argue with you, another airline could've had you listed and on your way.

By going to the JS coordinator the hope is that nothing like this ever occurs. It does nothing to solve the issue at hand. I'm guessing you didn't mean it that way I just wanted to clarify for others.

While I don't see going to the JS coordinator immediately solving the larger issue my hope is that if the AA JS coordinator gets enough negative feedback about the issues other pilots have trying to use their JS they will take a proactive approach to fixing it. It is the only airline with this issue and they risk reciprocal use if this becomes a bigger issue.

Once someone has listed for a flight on an AA jumpseat, how is priority determined if there are multiple pilots who have signed up for it?

Once someone has listed for a flight on an AA jumpseat, how is priority determined if there are multiple pilots who have signed up for it?
Depends on who is in the group of multiples. I believe its AA, US, WO's, Eagle/ Express, then everyone else at time of check in.

You must list as a pilot cockpit jumpseater. Can't remember the exact term. It's not the same as listing for the flight as a non rever. When you go to the gate tell them you listed as a D6U. Never had a problem in 2 years commuting doing it that way.

You have to be careful when listing that you list as a cockpit jumpseater. Just a hunch but you might have listed differently. You'll get a PNR for it as well.

I do agree the walk up jumper method is completely shunned there. It sucks but once you learn how to list via the online system I found I liked it more.

You must list as a pilot cockpit jumpseater. Can't remember the exact term. It's not the same as listing for the flight as a non rever. When you go to the gate tell them you listed as a D6U. Never had a problem in 2 years commuting doing it that way.

You have to be careful when listing that you list as a cockpit jumpseater. Just a hunch but you might have listed differently. You'll get a PNR for it as well.

I do agree the walk up jumper method is completely shunned there. It sucks but once you learn how to list via the online system I found I liked it more.

Term I believe your looking for is "Pilot commuter listing" that's the D6JU as opposed to FAs who I believe are something along the line of a D7.

Last time I did it I was so worried I asked a friend who is a gate agent at AA to look at my PNR and make sure I set it up correctly.

We list through myidtravel. Have always done it this way. She could have asked one of the other 2 agents there why I wasn't listed right but it appeared she was more concerned about getting the flight the flight out on time. When we list it doesn't give us that code. All we have is the pull down to select pilot or FA listing.

Phew....it's been my good fortune to work for outfits with only outstanding JS bennies.

Henson - the USAir System
NorthernJets - simply teh Awesome
Southernjets - not quite teh awesome, because they won't let me use an automated system like Northernjets, and you can get skunked by people with weird priority.

Thinking about an AA like system gives me the night sweats.

Richman

Phew....it's been my good fortune to work for outfits with only outstanding JS bennies.

Henson - the USAir System
NorthernJets - simply teh Awesome
Southernjets - not quite teh awesome, because they won't let me use an automated system like Northernjets, and you can get skunked by people with weird priority.

Thinking about an AA like system gives me the night sweats.

Richman

But it's "superior" because it was invented at a "superior" airline.

I mean it can't be bad if all the pilots with seniority numbers less than 2000 and who live in base keep demanding it! After seeing the AA seniority proposal, I can see why they want to keep their system. :rolleyes:

I had a gate agent flat out deny to list me in IAD and to use the website.

Too bad we didn't have access to it back then.

Apparently (And I don't know the full story here) there is a difference in the type of listing. I was told that when you list at the gate, it somehow restricts any other offline people to be able to jumpseat even if there are 100 seats open in the back. When you list on the site, you're in an UNrestricted category so other offline people can get on. Almost bumped one of my coworkers headed home one night because of it. Luckily the gate agent in DFW was able to change it up so they could make it home too.

This might have changed but IIRC AA has two types of jumpseat agreements. Unlimited and Limited. A carrier in Limited status can get on the flight if no one else has listed for the jumpseat. Once a limited or unlimited carrier has listed all other limited pilots are denied and only those with unrestricted agreements can still jumpseat. This burned me a couple of times when working for a carrier in limited status.

Can anyone confirm if AA is still doing the Limited vs Unlimited Jumpseat agreements.

Back