AA Jumpseat Procedural Clarification

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
January 30, 2014

American Airlines Jumpseat “Meal Listing”

Procedure Clarification Using ‘myIDTravel’

This Jumpseat Alert updates MEC Alert 13-07 issued Summer 2013. It serves as a clarification to the procedures in place when making jumpseat listings (aka “meal listings”) on American Airlines (AA) and those carriers performing code share for American. Pilots are encouraged to use this procedure and become familiar with the format. Note that the former procedure using ID90.com, is no longer valid for this purpose.

The following "generic airline user" link, provided by myIDTravel.com, has been specifically developed for the purpose of AA jumpseat meal listings. Bookmarking this link is recommended for repeated use:

https://www.myidtravel.com/myidtravel/start?action=login-generic

The “generic” link above may also be accessed by the shortened address as follows:

http://myidtravel.com/myidlisting

Important Notes:

·Use only the "generic” link(s) above when making jumpseat meal listings on AA. Avoid simply navigating to myIDTravel.com (without the appropriate extension) or attempting to access myIDTravel through Delta/TravelNet. Doing so will lead to a non-generic login page not suitable for making jumpseat meal listings. Use caution after logging out of the generic site. Subsequent login attempts will be unsuccessful because the non-generic link may automatically populate in the address bar. The generic link(s) above must be reentered.

·An online listing using this procedure is strongly recommended and preferred in order to expedite the process for Delta and other airline (OA) pilots requesting the jumpseat on AA and its code share affiliates.

·Existing meal listings can be rolled to ensuing AA flights as requested by the jumpseater when accommodations are not available on the desired flight.

·The AA non-revenue listing number, (888) WEFLYAA, remains operational. Note, however, that wait times can be lengthy and agents will often direct OA personnel to list online during heavy call volume periods.

·It is recommended that several practice listings be made using the following procedure in order to become familiar with this procedure. As tedious and burdensome as this procedure may seem, we feel that entering several practice listings will be helpful. Do not worry about canceling listings as they will automatically clear if not activated by an AA agent.

American Airlines Meal Listing Procedure Using myIDTravel.com:

Once established on the “generic” login page using either link above:

1. Login page:

•Employing Airline:

•User Name:

•Password:

•Click Login

Note: Do not enter American Airlines as Employing Airline

2. Privacy Statement page: Confirm (check the box) that you have read and understand the Privacy Statement, then click "next."

3. Welcome page: Select "Commuter Travel" from the navigation menu bar on the Welcome page.

4. Commuter Travel page (Employee Input/Flight Schedule Query):

•Enter your employee information in the corresponding fields, being sure to check the box confirming that you are an active staff member (employee).

Note: Your six-digit Delta employee number is your Staff-ID

Note: All dates must be entered by the format indicated (dd.mm.yyyy) with a period between the day, month, and year.

•Select American Airlines from the drop-down menu.

Insure that the box is checked confirming that you are and active staff member before clicking “next.”

•When all information is entered, click "next."

Note: Select “Pilot Commuting” regardless of the reason for travel.

Note: One way or return (round trip) may be selected and listings may be made up to 30 days in advance.

5. Flight Schedule Display page:

•This page shows a list of scheduled flights available based on the city pair(s) entered on the Commuter Travel Page.

•Select the desired flight(s), and click "next" at the bottom right corner of the page.

•After reviewing the information in the "Shopping Basket," click "next" again.

6. APIS/Secure Flight page: Enter your DOB in the format indicated (dd.mm.yyyy), and click "next."

7. Contact Information page: Enter appropriate contact information in the fields provided, then click "next."

Note: Only one phone number is required on the first phone number line. An email confirmation of your listing will be sent to the email address you provide. Yes, unfortunately you must enter twice in the fields provided.

8. Confirmation page: Be sure to print, write down, or save the "Booking Reference"/Confirmation code, often referred to as a PNR or record locator. If requested, present this PNR to the AA agent when requesting the jumpseat.

At least it seems simple, and not nearly as complicated as walking up to the gate and getting listed there in person.

/sarcasm

American was always hit or miss as far as being able to list at the gate. They wanted you to call the magic number and list using their non rev line. That worked fine until, due to budget issues, they remove about 90% of the phone workers. After that they were a bit better about letting you list at the gate but wanted you to list via computer (which, until the generic log in for myIDTravel came along was impossible to do).

Airways on the other hand has always allowed you to list at the gate. It sucks they have switched to the American system. Or maybe this is just for "meal listings" (ie, listing ahead of time) and you'll still be able to list at the gate last minute... but just not get a meal. :bounce:

Whooooah.

USAirways went to the American system for jumpseating?

You've just ruined my day. And it's only noon.

That's news to this Airways pilot! To the best of my knowledge, everything still remains status quo at each carrier. The only difference is we get a slightly higher priority traveling on AA and they get a slightly higher priority traveling on us.

That's news to this Airways pilot! To the best of my knowledge, everything still remains status quo at each carrier. The only difference is we get a slightly higher priority traveling on AA and they get a slightly higher priority traveling on us.

I hope. AA's jumpseat policy became one of my main drivers in bidding ATL when the SouthernJets pre-bankruptcy brain trust decided to "right size" DFW with CRJ's and I had to deal with meal listing and getting barked at by gate agents who really didn't want to deal with offline jumpseaters.

Whooooah.

USAirways went to the American system for jumpseating?

You've just ruined my day. And it's only noon.

Ho cuz, I nogat dat toksave. Shoots.

(see, you travel to fancy European destinations and post in local languages... I can do the same... kind of.)

I list with American using the MyIDTravel site every week. Completely painless and I've never had an issue. I never call since learning about the site, takes 2 secs to list on my phone walking to the gate.

I hope. AA's jumpseat policy became one of my main drivers in bidding ATL when the SouthernJets pre-bankruptcy brain trust decided to "right size" DFW with CRJ's and I had to deal with meal listing and getting barked at by gate agents who really didn't want to deal with offline jumpseaters.

I treat it like approaching a coiled snake. I will say that in some stations, they're better than others (PHL is great!) and other stations, I'd rather walk (I'm looking at you, JAX). DFW is a mixed bag. It could be different now since I walk up with a US Airways ID. I think they want the inside scoop.

I truly hope our system of first come first served and being able to list 7 days out survives. I'm hearing, though, that the only real vocal people the APA and company are hearing from are the real senior dudes who want the seniority system to stay. That scares me.

I had a gate agent flat out deny to list me in IAD and to use the website.

Too bad we didn't have access to it back then.

Apparently (And I don't know the full story here) there is a difference in the type of listing. I was told that when you list at the gate, it somehow restricts any other offline people to be able to jumpseat even if there are 100 seats open in the back. When you list on the site, you're in an UNrestricted category so other offline people can get on. Almost bumped one of my coworkers headed home one night because of it. Luckily the gate agent in DFW was able to change it up so they could make it home too.

I treat it like approaching a coiled snake. I will say that in some stations, they're better than others (PHL is great!) and other stations, I'd rather walk (I'm looking at you, JAX). DFW is a mixed bag. It could be different now since I walk up with a US Airways ID. I think they want the inside scoop.

I truly hope our system of first come first served and being able to list 7 days out survives. I'm hearing, though, that the only real vocal people the APA and company are hearing from are the real senior dudes who want the seniority system to stay. That scares me.
Their use of the commuter policy will skyrocket if it goes back to that.

I had a gate agent flat out deny to list me in IAD and to use the website.

Too bad we didn't have access to it back then.

Apparently (And I don't know the full story here) there is a difference in the type of listing. I was told that when you list at the gate, it somehow restricts any other offline people to be able to jumpseat even if there are 100 seats open in the back. When you list on the site, you're in an UNrestricted category so other offline people can get on. Almost bumped one of my coworkers headed home one night because of it. Luckily the gate agent in DFW was able to change it up so they could make it home too.

I tried to list at the gate for a flight from SAV to DFW on Eagle a could of years ago. The plane had 45 seats open, and I was there one hour prior to departure. The lady told me that I had to call the number, so I sat on hold as the crew showed up, 5 passengers boarded, and plane pushed back. Angry doesn't begin to describe my feeling at the time.

So, I do not ride on American or Eagle. I hope US Air doesn't adopt the AA system.

wheelsup said:
I list with American using the MyIDTravel site every week. Completely painless and I've never had an issue. I never call since learning about the site, takes 2 secs to list on my phone walking to the gate.

image-3589664604.jpg

Back