AA Hiring

When's the last time AA did a hiring like this?

Using the search function (top right of the webpage) can answer many questions. A quick search turned up a thread about two new hire classes for dispatchers in AA in 2017. Unsure if there was any hiring done in 2018. All the majors have been hiring fairly regularly, you just have to keep an eye out. (They don't hire people externally for dispatch jobs without any experience, of course.)

Using the search function (top right of the webpage) can answer many questions. A quick search turned up a thread about two new hire classes for dispatchers in AA in 2017. Unsure if there was any hiring done in 2018. All the majors have been hiring fairly regularly, you just have to keep an eye out. (They don't hire people externally for dispatch jobs without any experience, of course.)
There was an opening in spring 2018 which led to 2 classes.

Spring 2018 was the last open door I believe. I'll believe 2 classes; I had only known one in late summer, however.

That's actually pretty friggin dope.

It is a great schedule but not without its nuances.

There are AM/PM relief lines and midnight relief lines. All bid as 4-2-4-4.

If you are in this new hire class, you won't likely get an AM/PM relief line. It will likely be a domestic midnight line or midnight relief line. The good news is that we keep hiring so you may be on the domestic midnights for only a year or two. If the hiring stops though then you will probably be on midnights for many years.

Also, international lines require two years dispatching from when you are signed off. Bids usually only allow cut over between domestic and international every two years. So when you have the two years, you might get junior assigned international midnights for at least two years unless the division you are in adds new desks. The upside is you get paid more and the workload is lighter than domestic. If midnights arent your thing though a good portion of your first decade can be stuck on midnights.

It is very much possible for someone junior to you to be able to bid an AM/PM line while you are stuck for two years on international midnights.

If you are in this new hire class, you won't likely get an AM/PM relief line. It will likely be a domestic midnight line or midnight relief line. The good news is that we keep hiring so you may be on the domestic midnights for only a year or two. If the hiring stops though then you will probably be on midnights for many years.

Also, international lines require two years dispatching from when you are signed off. Bids usually only allow cut over between domestic and international every two years. So when you have the two years, you might get junior assigned international midnights for at least two years unless the division you are in adds new desks. The upside is you get paid more and the workload is lighter than domestic. If midnights arent your thing though a good portion of your first decade can be stuck on midnights.

It is very much possible for someone junior to you to be able to bid an AM/PM line while you are stuck for two years on international midnights.

This is all VERY good info; although I really don't want to go getting my hopes high just yet. I'll keep applying, but let's get me through an interview process! :)

That's great info, thanks for sharing!

A previous poster said the schedule was 4-3-4-4. Is that for line holders only?

Will they still consider someone that put the application in the next day or do they just cut it off after they get so many? Always hear rumors that if you dont have in your application within the first 10-15min you wont get thru. Since they are being flooded with applications.

Will they still consider someone that put the application in the next day or do they just cut it off after they get so many? Always hear rumors that if you dont have in your application within the first 10-15min you wont get thru. Since they are being flooded with applications.

I’ve heard this rumor too and it seems beyond silly. Why would a company pass up on potential talent because they have to many applications?

It was explained to me that every company has a way of filtering applications. Everything time you apply for a dispatch job you get these kinds of questions:

Are you 23?
Do you have a certificate?
Are you able to work nights weekends holidays?
Do you have two years experience and a college degree OR fours year experience?

Answer yes to all of those you app goes into the consideration pile

Answer no to any of the those questions and your app goes into the trash can unless you have a connection who can fish it out.

What's the ratio of people getting emails about moving forward? How many people do they take into additional consideration?

Looks like they’re already filtering applications through the HR stage. Got an email saying my application is actually going to be looked at by a human being. Surprising considering the posting is still up. Usually they don’t do anything until a week after it’s down.

Looks like they’re already filtering applications through the HR stage. Got an email saying my application is actually going to be looked at by a human being. Surprising considering the posting is still up. Usually they don’t do anything until a week after it’s down.
when did u get that email?

I got one around 8Pm PST last night saying my profile and resume would receive additional consideration. Good luck to you! :)

when did u get that email?
Got mine yesterday:

Good news – you are continuing to move forward in the application process! Your profile and resume are receiving additional consideration. After these are reviewed, we will be sure to keep you posted on your status as we determine any next steps.

Couple people at my shop got the same e-mail. Can't say the same for me...only hope is the job posting isn't even closed yet. Maybe I can go edit my profile and say I have a doctorate in something haha!

Did anyone hear of any updates? I applied the day before it closed and all I got was the thanks for applying email so I was wondering if there has been any further developments

Back