AA Hiring Aug 2021

And also, I got denied first time around, applied a second time and just got an email saying I'm moving forward as well. So definitely reapply if anyone hasn't already.
I reapplied too, got an email saying moving forward. Just rechecked Jobs applied, already says not selected....

For whoever finds this useful…
I did the first application with the mechanical portion. My status was Admin Use - No Correspondence and I didn’t reapply. I just got an email saying I’m moving forward in the process and my resume will get additional consideration.
I too received the same e-mail. Not sure if I should reapply now. It could just be a generic e-mail list response for them "re-posting" the position though. It probably wouldn't hurt your chances to simply reapply.

So, I reapplied to the new posting from the new profile I created. I also got the "moving on" email. Then later I got the "moving on" email for the new posting to my email associated with my original profile, even though I hadn't applied to the new posting from my original profile. Then my application for the new posting from my new profile showed "not selected". So I applied to the new posting from my original profile and it instantly showed "in progress". If you couldn't follow all of that, I think they are transferring applications from the first posting that had a glitch to the new posting, and then weeding out duplicates.

First time around job ID was 47323, new posting is 47861.... I applied and did the test for 47323, got em email saying moving fwd for 47861... status still says admin use, no correspondence.....

Gotta love automated candidate tracking systems. Getting the assessment email merely means you passed the automated first level screening. Your application has not been looked at by a human at this point. I did the assessments and got the “congrats on moving on” emails for several positions this last year - then about a week later got the TBNT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yup, I looked again at my account and the original posting now says "Admin Use - No Correspondence" like everyone else. I'm throwing in my app for the new Req.# as well, just in case. I still got that "congrats" e-mail so like Kholloway78 said, they may just be comparing the two applications and tossing one if you have a duplicate.

Yup, I looked again at my account and the original posting now says "Admin Use - No Correspondence" like everyone else. I'm throwing in my app for the new Req.# as well, just in case. I still got that "congrats" e-mail so like Kholloway78 said, they may just be comparing the two applications and tossing one if you have a duplicate.
Did they make you do the test again? Does your new app say “not selected”

I applied to the original Job ID #47323, got a "thank you for your submission...you will hear from our Talent Team soon" email with the same Job ID #47323. No test invitation. Yesterday I got an email saying "good news, your profile and resume are receiving additional consideration" with the new Job ID #47861. My profile still has the #47323 and says "Admin use - No Correspondence." I'm not sure what this all means, but since it does look like they are using the new job ID for the most recent email I'm not going to apply again unless they ask me to.

For the record I have a 4-year degree and 3 years of dispatch experience.

Know it’s a long ways away, but do we have an idea on terms of when they maybe trying to get the class started?
Seems like they maybe running into the Halloweeen/Holidays time frame later this year

Know it’s a long ways away, but do we have an idea on terms of when they maybe trying to get the class started?
Seems like they maybe running into the Halloweeen/Holidays time frame later this year
Hard to say, but since it came out a day after Spirit's posting I would hasten a guess and say tentative class start for sometime in November, since that is what Spirit's aiming for. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes as long as early next year to start, but I highly doubt the class will start before November.

Take my guess with a BIG grain of salt.

Last edited:
any idea on the amount of people they’re looking on bringing on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The number i am hearing is around 50 total. That being said, they would probably be spread out due to training capacity. My guess is with interviews and backgrounds, I would be surprised if the class date was still in 2021.

Also of note, it was revealed this week that the new flight planning system will not roll out until at least the fall of 2022 now.

How long of a waiting period before they start calling for interviews and such do y’all think? I know that things are different now in COVID times; but surely that isn’t adding weeks onto the processing time?

Well I dont mind if they do take their sweet time. I would rather they actually read a few CVs rather that just push a button and dump half the applicants. It would be a nice thing if they didnt rely so much on AI parsing our applications and just did some good old fashion reading. C'mon HR!
Thanks Obama!!

How long of a waiting period before they start calling for interviews and such do y’all think? I know that things are different now in COVID times; but surely that isn’t adding weeks onto the processing time?

Had heard tests/interviews at the end of the month.. now is that Sept or Oct (i dont know) but believe the goal is for Class 1 of 2 to be at AA hopefully sometime in Dec.

Back